With back-to-school time upon us, you may find yourself needing a teacher gift (whether that be for the first day, a holiday, special thank-you, or end of the school year). And, this simple Apple-themed mason jar is a great option. It’s a quick and simple diy project that makes a sweet & versatile gift. You can used it to hold school/office supplies like rulers and pencils or as a handy holder for candy. It would even be cute in the kitchen this fall – just drop a votive tea light or even an apple scented candle inside! So cute!
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own…
- pint or quart-sized mason jar
- red spray paint (acrylic paint or chalk paint would also work, though would take more time)
- clear finishing spray (optional)
- 1⁄2” green ribbon
- 1” twig
- hot glue gun/glue
- Wipe your jar down with alcohol and a paper towel to remove dirt and oils.
- Set your jar on newspaper, outside or in a well-ventilated space.
- Spray a light coat of red paint. Allow to dry for about 10 minutes, then spray additional coats until you’re happy with the color! Let dry.
- To make your paint more permanent and scratch proof, add 2-3 coats of clear spray paint to protect the finish.
- Wrap ribbon around threading portion of jar and secure at that back with hot glue.
- Cut a 3 “ length of green ribbon,fold into a loop and glue on the side of your jar (for the leaf). Then attach your small twig to the side with hot glue as well.