We LOVE polar bears and making fun foods! So, I’m thrilled to share this fun polar bear hot chocolate idea as part of a fun sponsored campaign for the all new movie Norm of the North!
Hot chocolate just isn’t hot chocolate without marshmallows – especially to the kids! So, you can make your hot chocolate a little more fun this winter by making polar bear marshmallows to add to your drink! These are sure to be a BIG hit with the kids! These cute little guys are inspired by the fun new movie, Norm of the North. My boys have been excited to see this movie since they first saw the previews – and it’s a little extra special for them as their grandpa’s name is Norm. Hahah! So, we definitely have plans to go see this one when it hits theaters on January 15th! So, after seeing the movie, kids will LOVE doing some fun polar crafts or eating a polar bear treat! And, a warm cup of polar bear hot chocolate will definitely hit the spot after your movie adventure fun! To make your marshmallow polar bears, here’s what you’ll need (amounts are for each bear):
- 1 jumbo marshmallow
- 1 standard-sized marshmallow
- 2 mini marshmallows
- 2 candy eyeballs
- 1 chocolate candy (I used peanut butter M&M’s)
- melted white chocolate/almond bark
Polar Bear Marshmallow Directions:
- For each bear, you’ll start with your jumbo marshmallow for the base. Then, you’ll cut about 1/3 off a standard marshmallow to use for the polar bear’s muzzle.
- Melt a small amount of white chocolate (or almond bark/white candy coating) and put a small tab on the cut side of that 1/3 marshmallow piece, then attach it to the jumbo marshmallow.
- Put a small dab of melted white chocolate on the chocolate candy (where the logo is) and place it on the top side of the muzzle.
- Then, put a small dab of the melted white chocolate on the back of each of the candy eyeballs and put them on the jumbo marshmallow face, right above the muzzle.
- Lastly, put a small dab of the melted chocolate on each of the mini marshmallows and attach to the top sides of the jumbo marshmallow for ears.
You could put the marshmallows right into the hot chocolate (or you could get fancy by making a white hot chocolate). But, I thought it would look more fun & wintery with a good dollop of whipped cream on top! So, I did that first and then set the polar bears right into the whipped cream! Isn’t this SO cute?! I love making fun themed things for the kids – and this is perfect for some winter Norm of the North fun!
For even more polar bear treats & crafts ideas inspired by Norm, be sure to check out the #NormoftheNorth Pinterest board! There are enough ideas there to throw a whole polar bear party!!! And, as we gear up for the movie, you can enter the #NormOfTheNorthSweeps Instagram Sweeps (where you could win a $500 gift card or one of 5 Norm of the North Swag Bags)!!!
Do YOUR kids love polar bears? Are they excited to see Norm of the North? Disclosure: This blog post is part of a paid campaign with SocialMoms for Norm of the North. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.