I loved fun themed treats and St. Patrick’s Day is no exception. Although we don’t go “all-out” for this holiday, ever since being in Dublin, Ireland for St. Patrick’s Day during college, I have a special place in my heart for the day! While everything you see here in the states for St. Patrick’s Day tends to be all green, in Ireland there is actually a lot of orange and the Irish flag represented for the holiday! So, that’s what inspired this fun Irish flag Jell-O dessert trifle! This was SO easy to make and the boys had so much fun with it! You can make some slow cooker guinness corned beef & cabbage for dinner and then serve this up for dessert. Read some St. Patrick’s Day books with the kids and you’ve got a whole themed night! Here’s the super easy “recipe”:
- 2 large orange JELLO boxes (6oz)
- 2 large lime JELLO boxes (6oz)
- *1 tub whipped topping
- *Angel Food Cake (1/2)
- Whipped Cream & Sprinkles for garnish
- Make the orange JELLO according to package directions (I use the speed set method). Pour into a 9x13 cake pan and place in the fridge.
- Prep the lime JELLO according to package directions. Pour into a separate 9x13 pan and place in the fridge.
- Cut bite-sized cubes of cake and mix with whipped topping.
- Once set, cut the JELLO into cubes.
- Layer into trifle dish, according to Irish Flag (green, white, and orange).
- Top with whipped cream & St. Patrick's Day (or green) sprinkles for garnish. Serve cold.
*If you omit the cake though, I think you would need two tubs of whipped topping.
Fun, right? Now, how about 11 more fun St. Patrick’s Day foods?! It’s the 12 of the month, so that means it’s time for another #12bloggers post! 12 bloggers, 12 months, 12 themes, with 12 ingredients or less, posted on the 12th of the month! We’ve already shared quick & healthy meals and Valentine’s treats! This month we’re showcasing all of these fun treats…
- Leprechaun Coolers by Around My Family Table
- Minty Oreo Leprechaun Bark by Million Moments
- Grasshopper Pie Pizookie by A Night Owl Blog
- Pistachio Gelato by Bless this Mess Please
- Coconut Lime Bars by Eat Your Heart Out
- Mint Chocolate Pudding Parfait by See Vanessa Craft
- Lime Basil Ice Cream Sandwiches by BetsyLife
- Mint Tea Marshmallows by Home Cooking Memories
- Baileys Irish Cream Chocolate Truffles by A Little Clairification
- Saint Patrick’s Day Dipped Strawberries by The Rebel Chick
- Irish Cream Mint Shake by Plugged In Family
Yum! Don’t those all look so fun?! Be sure to head over to each site to get directions and pin the recipes for later! And, stay tuned for the 12th of April where we’ll be back with another fun themed recipe day!
Do you do anything fun for St. Patrick’s Day?Pin It