I loved fun themed treats and St. Patrick’s Day is no exception. Although we don’t go “all-out” for this holiday, ever since being in Dublin, Ireland for St. Patrick’s Day during college, I have a special place in my heart for the day! While everything you see here in the states for St. Patrick’s Day tends to be all green, in Ireland there is actually a lot of orange and the Irish flag represented for the holiday! So, that’s what inspired this fun Irish flag Jell-O dessert trifle! This was SO easy to make and the boys had so much fun with it! You can make some slow cooker guinness corned beef & cabbage for dinner and then serve this up for dessert. Read some St. Patrick’s Day books with the kids and you’ve got a whole themed night! Here’s the super easy “recipe”:
St. Patrick's Day Dessert: Irish Flag Trifle
- 2 large orange JELLO boxes 6oz
- 2 large lime JELLO boxes 6oz
- *1 tub whipped topping
- *Angel Food Cake 1/2
- Whipped Cream & Sprinkles for garnish
- Make the orange JELLO according to package directions (I use the speed set method). Pour into a 9x13 cake pan and place in the fridge.
- Prep the lime JELLO according to package directions. Pour into a separate 9x13 pan and place in the fridge.
- Cut bite-sized cubes of cake and mix with whipped topping.
- Once set, cut the JELLO into cubes.
- Layer into trifle dish, according to Irish Flag (green, white, and orange).
- Top with whipped cream & St. Patrick's Day (or green) sprinkles for garnish. Serve cold.
*If you omit the cake though, I think you would need two tubs of whipped topping.
Fun, right? Now, how about a few more fun St. Patrick’s Day foods?!
- Minty Oreo Leprechaun Bark by Million Moments
- Grasshopper Pie Pizookie by A Night Owl Blog
- Pistachio Gelato by Bless this Mess Please
- Coconut Lime Bars by Eat Your Heart Out
- Mint Chocolate Pudding Parfait by See Vanessa Craft
- Lime Basil Ice Cream Sandwiches by BetsyLife
- Mint Tea Marshmallows by Home Cooking Memories
- Baileys Irish Cream Chocolate Truffles by A Little Clairification
- Saint Patrick’s Day Dipped Strawberries by The Rebel Chick
- Irish Cream Mint Shake by Plugged In Family
- Irish Flag Snack | Mom Endeavors
Yum! Don’t those all look so fun?! Be sure to head over to each site to get directions and pin the recipes for later!
Do you do anything fun for St. Patrick’s Day?
How cool that you were in Dublin during St. Patrick’s Day in college! Great dessert, too!
Sounds like a fun dessert for St. Patrick’s Day! 🙂
SO cute! Reminds me of summer picnic food
What a fun idea, Sara! So many St. Patrick’s Day treats are just your typical green, but this is so much more colorful by celebrating the Irish flag.