I’m so excited for this post today, y’all. Not only are these baby back ribs THE best we’ve ever had, BUT this kicks off our weekly College Football Tailgate Link Party! Exciting! So, since it’s not only the return to football, but also Labor Day weekend, it is finally the right time to post about these delicious BBQ baby back ribs! Talk about perfect for tailgating! Seriously, these are fall-off-the-bone, finger-licking good! Part of the reason they are so so good is because these babies are smoked to perfect! Do you remember when I posted before about our new Masterbuilt Smoker? Well, we’ve been putting it to good use and these ribs are by far THE best thing we’ve made so far! They’ll be perfect to go with any football watching (or Labor Day barbecues) you might be doing!
Smoked BBQ Baby Back Ribs
Recipe adapted from (*affiliate link) John McLemore’s Dadgum That’s Good, Too!
- 2 slabs of baby back ribs
- seasoning/rub of your choice
- at least 2 to 3 cups BBQ sauce of your choice
- apple wood chips
- Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees. We have the (affiliate link) Masterbuilt 40″ Electric Smoker and it works great!
- Spread a generous amount of the “rub” on to the meat. This is done entirely to your taste depending on what level of seasoning you like.
- Fill the wood chip tray with apple wood chips. Place the slabs on the racks (completely uncovered) and smoke for about 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove from smoker, wrap in aluminum foil, and return the ribs to the smoker. Smoke them for another 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove from smoker and baste with BBQ sauce. Return the ribs, uncovered, to the smoker for an additional 30-45 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite sides (we opted for salad & corn on the cob) and enjoy!
These really are sooooooooo good! Just be sure to have extra napkins handy! 😉
Now it’s YOUR turn…we’re kicking off our College Football Saturday Tailgate Link Party!! It’s been a tradition here on Mom Endeavors for the past 2 years! We are SOOOO excited to watch our Huskers kick off their season tomorrow night! And, yes, if you’re new around here…we are HUGE Nebraska fans!
Link as many posts as you like, just please be sure to link back to https://www.momendeavors.com or grab the button (code is on the right side-bar)!
College Football Saturday Tailgate Link Party
Those ribs look SO good! I might have to make some this weekend… 😉
My mouth is watering and I’m excited to participate in the Saturday tailgate with you!
Thanks, Kristin! Happy you’ll be joining us! 🙂