Quick & Healthy Recipe: One Pan Baked Salmon & Vegetables

Quick & Healthy One Pan Baked Salmon & VegetablesI’m always on the lookout for quick & healthy dinners! Quick can so often mean unhealthy and healthy dinners sometime take quite a while to prepare. So, quick & healthy is a great combination! And, you’re in luck today because you’ll get not 1, but 12 quick & healthy dinners ideas in this post! First up, is this one pan baked salmon & veggies recipe…

Baked Salmon & VegetablesReally, making this couldn’t be easier! All you need is one pan, a few ingredients (I used 6) and about 20 minutes! How awesome is that?! I’ve seen SO many “one pot” chicken dishes on Pinterest. But, I didn’t have any chicken. Instead, we had salmon.  I thought that surely the same thing could be done with salmon. And, indeed it can! So simple, super quick & easy, and delicious! To make this, you’ll need…

• a 13 x 9 baking pan (or similar)
  • salmon filets (I used 4 small)
  • roasting vegetables (obviously I used green beans & tomatoes. Asparagus or broccoli would be great too).
  • olive oil
  • Lemon, garlic & herb butter (you could make this yourself or purchase already infused)
  • salt

One Dish Dinner Salmon & VegetablesPlace the salmon skin filets side down (if there’s any skin) in the middle of the pan, put vegetables on each side of the salmon. I used about three handfuls of petite whole green beans and about two handfuls of large cherry tomatoes (cut in half). Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables and sprinkle with salt to taste. Add approximately 1 tablespoon of a lemon, garlic, & herb butter on top of each salmon filet. Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 20 minutes (or until salmon is cooked through). That’s it! Just one dish to clean, a few ingredients, and less than 30 minutes of time total! A grain-free, low-carb, super delicious dinner! Paleo Salmon & Vegetables DinnerNow, how about 11 more quick & healthy meal ideas?! I’ve teamed up with a group of other bloggers to bring you a whole list of great meal ideas just like this! Click on any of the meal ideas from the list below to get the recipes! 12 Quick & Healthy Recipes

That’s a lot of great ideas! If you like this, then make sure you stop by on the 12th of every month. The twelve of us will be posting  together just like this with a different theme on the 12th of every month. Every recipe has 12 ingredients or less. 12 bloggers, 12 months, 12 themes, with 12 ingredients or less, posted on the 12th of the month! You can keep up with us using the hashtag #12bloggers! ;)

#12bloggersWhat’s YOUR favorite quick & healthy meal?

Pin It

1. Jami says

Making this tonight! Can’t wait! Only problem I ran into at the store was the butter. I could find lemon and herb butter OR herb & garlic butter but none that was all three together. Any pointers on where I could find it?

• Sara @MomEndeavors says

Hi Jami! Hmmm…it should be sold at any Kroger chain grocery store (which encompassed quite a few). You could always do the herb & garlic butter and add a little lemon juice to it!

2. Samantha says

This dish looks amazing, and I love the easy clean up and minimal prep/cook time, the only question if have is, should the dish be covered or uncovered while being cooked? Anyone have any thought? I’m making this tonight :)

3. Nicky says

Thanks for this!! I’ve made it twice now with different vegetables and different homemade butters – so simple and delicious!

4. says

This was sooooooooo good. Cooked just as described (I feel like salmon always takes longer for me but this was right on). Any suggestions for good places to find other one dish dinners like this?

• Sara @MomEndeavors says

Excellent! Was just going to direct you to that post! ;) So glad you enjoyed the salmon! Thanks for commenting!

5. Hailey says

Making this scrumptious-looking meal tonight, however, we’ve got lots of frozen tilapia filets and frozen green beans instead of fresh…Do you think there are any adjustments I need to make with the substitutions?

6. Audrey says

I am making this -again- for dinner tonight. An easy choice for company since it’s easy and delicious. I always make my own butter by snipping whatever is in my herb container out the back door. A little lemon zest and minced garlic and it’s good to go!

7. Lauren says

This looks great but if I can’t print it I can’t use it. Is there a print option without all the photos? I can’t seem to find it…

8. Sarahanne says

Can’t wait to try this! Is the butter a requirement? Could I possibly just use some minced garlic and lemon juice?

• Sara @MomEndeavors says

Sarahanne – I wouldn’t think the butter would be a requirement! Would love to know how it is with just minced garlic and lemon. Let us know!

9. Ally says

Did no one else find that the tomatoes cooked way faster than the green beans? I had mushy tomatoes and very crisp beans.

10. says

Hi Sara,

I made this for dinner earlier in the week and it is absolutely delicious! This is going to be my new go-to recipe for salmon! Even the leftovers today were tasty and moist!

I made my own butter by softening butter and adding garlic salt & lemon pepper seasoning and mashing it up.

11. Nicole says

I’ve made this dish a couple of times and it was good, but my only complaint is that this salmon and tomatoes cook much faster than the green beans. You either have under cooked beans or over cooked fish.

• Sara @MomEndeavors says

Thanks for the feedback, Nicole! I tend to like green beans a little “underdone” I suppose (I don’t like them mushy). So, that’s probably why. You could always put the green beans in first for a bit while you get the other ingredients out and then add them to the pan. :)