Gah! Less than a week before Christmas! Hard to believe! If you’re like me, there are still lots of things to take care of, including getting the house “guest-ready”. I’m all for doing things that help simplify all the to-do’s, as is P&G! Here are a list of tips from P&G on how to simplify your holiday routine:
Deck The Halls: Preparing Your Home for Holiday Guests and Loved Ones
- Help trigger fond memories by adding cinnamon sticks to a pot of boiling water filling your home with holiday aromas.
- Sprinkle in some Gain® Fireworks Sweet Sizzle Scent Booster when washing your linens to experience freshness that lasts 12 weeks once out of storage.
- Drape fresh garlands and holiday lights around your doorways and windows. Less is never more when it comes to holiday décor!
- Make homemade snow globes to scatter holiday cheer throughout your home. Take a jar with a sealable lid and glue your favorite holiday figurine to the bottom – make sure to use waterproof/permanent adhesive. Next, fill the jar with glitter and water and watch as your guests delight in shaking your holiday masterpieces.
- Keep a roll of Bounty® paper towels close by for cleanup of all those fun holiday messes.
- Load the kids’ table with an arsenal of coloring books and puzzles. It will keep them busy while you clear the table and set out dessert.
Mom Knows Best: Tips To Make Your Guests Looking and Feeling Their Best
- Help your visitors freshen up by including Pantene® Aqua Light Shampoo and Conditioner in the guest bathroom. This innovative product duo nourishes hair, leaving it feeling light, clean and ready for any impromptu family photo shoots.
- Keep an umbrella and a plastic poncho in the closet of the guest bedroom in case your guests forget their rain gear at home.
- Stuff your guest’s stocking with items you know they’ll use, like Olay® Winter Retreat Body Wash, to help battle and protect them from dry, winter skin. It contains more moisturizers than a jar of Olay® and hydrates and restores dry skin.
- Supply toiletries for your guests who forgot to pack their own. Fill a cup or small basket with oral care essentials like:
- Oral-B® Pro-Health® Clinical Pro-Flex Manual Toothbrushes
- Oral-B® Glide Pro-Health® Clinical Protection Floss
- Crest® Pro-Health® Clinical Deep Clean Mint Rinse
- Crest® Pro-Health® Clinical Plaque Control Fresh Mint Toothpaste
- To add an extra bit of holiday bathroom flare, tie a ribbon or an ornament around your guest’s towels.
- Prior to their visit, wash your guest linens with Tide with a Touch of Downy Unstopables Lush Scent for a brilliant clean, added softness and fresh scent.
- To make your guests extra comfy, place a humidifier in their room. It will replace the moisture missing in the dry winter air and help them feel right at home. You could as add a small coffee machine, an assortment of teas & coffee, as well as an extra wool blanket.
- This year, start a new holiday tradition with your children. Have them each pick out their favorite holiday story and take turns reading. Or, ask them to write a script about what the holidays mean to them and perform it at your next family gathering.
Wish List: Tips to Help Simplify Your Holiday Routine
- In a cosmetic bag keep a compact, a small comb and COVERGIRL Blast Flipstick™ in your favorite shade. It’s expertly designed with creams and shimmers for your one of a kind look and helps you effortlessly transition from day to night, making it the ideal lip color to keep you looking fabulous as you dash from the office to any holiday party.
- When doing your makeup, don’t forget to dab some silver or metallic eye shadow in the corner of your eyes by the tear ducts. It adds a festive pop of color that will make you stand out at your next holiday celebration.
- Always be prepared with Tampax® Radiant™ tampons and Always Radiant Infinity Pads™ in your drawer at work or in your purse. These innovative products will give you invisible protection and reveal a radiant you to dazzle at any holiday affair.
- To achieve a stylish and professional look at your next bash, place your hair in a slicked back ponytail. It will bring the focus to your face and keep strands out of your eyes, so you can dance the night away.
- Throw a stick of Secret® Outlast™ Protecting Powder Invisible Solid into your bag. With 48 hour odor protection, nothing will stop you from tackling your holiday to-do list as you dash from one store to the next in search of the “perfect gift” for that special someone.
- After the holiday rush is complete, reserve a day just for you. Give yourself a relaxing and well-deserved day off at a local spa. Or, spend some quiet time in a library catching up on that book you’ve been dying to read but got lost in the holiday shuffle.
And, if you’ll be traveling during the holidays, here are a few additional tips!
Tips for Traveling During the Holidays:
- Plan ahead and load your car the day before with luggage and host/hostess gifts to save time and keep you organized.
- If you are on food duty, be sure to snap in a Febreze® CAR™ Vent Clip. It will drive away odors and freshen your car for up to 30 days.
- Pack books, card games and healthy snacks to keep your kids distracted and entertained throughout the journey.
- If you are traveling with a newborn, make sure to take some Pampers ® Swaddlers® Diapers. With its wetness indictor, you can keep your baby drier throughout the ride.
- Pair Pampers ® Swaddlers® Diapers with Pampers® Sensitive Wipes™, which condition your baby’s skin with each use.
- The holidays are great for family photos and will give you options for next year’s holiday card. Load your camera with Duracell® Rechargeable Quick Charger. It powers up 2 AA in 1 hour.
For additional bright ideas to improve your everyday, visit PGTryIt.com
One lucky Mom Endeavors’ reader will a P&G prize pack that includes ALL of the products listed in the tips! (ARV $112)!!
Use the Rafflecopter form below to submit entries. Complete as many (or as few) tasks as you like. ONE LUCKY WINNER gets the awesome prize pack!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I received the prize pack shown above for participating in this program. All opinions and experiences are entirely my own.