This is holiday baking week around our house! So many delicious treats! I made these dark chocolate mint chip cookies with a friend recently. They were so good that I had to make a second batch. But, this time I tried a new product called C&H® Light. It’s an all natural pure cane sugar & stevia blend with half the calories of sugar! By blending pure cane C&H® Sugar with a naturally sweet extract from the stevia plant, they’ve created a delicious sweetener with no artificial ingredients and 5 calories per serving. (P.S. That’s over a 350-calorie savings in each cup!) During a season of baked goods, some calorie savings is a good thing!! These cookies are AWESOME, especially if you’re craving something chocolatey with a hint of mint. So good!
Dark Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies
(Adapted from this NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Recipe)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 C cocoa baking powder
- 1/2 C C & H Light sugar (equiv. to 1 C sugar)
- 2/3 C brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate & Mint Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cream butter and sugar together in large bowl; add eggs and vanilla. Then, blend well.
- In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients except for the chips.
- Stir dry ingredients into the creamed mixture; then fold in chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes. (Do not overbake.)
Allow to cool, then eat & enjoy!!!
Disclosure: This post is part of a sponsored campaign for #CHLight. However, as always all opinions & experiences are entirely my own.