After how tasty the pizza pull apart bread turned out, I couldn’t resist trying another flavor! Spinach artichoke dip is one of my very favorites. So, I decided to try a spinach artichoke version bread – and it turned out to be super delicious as well! You can’t really go wrong with sourdough bread, cheese, garlic, spinach, and artichokes. YUMMMMmmmmm! MMmmmmmmm! There’s a little prep involved in this (you’ll need to sauté the spinach), but there’s nothing too tricky or overly time-consuming. Really, the most difficult thing about this recipe is just cutting the bread! While it bakes the house will smell SO good! Then your family and friends will love diving in for a bite! We actually made this for a New Year’s Eve party. But, it would be great for a football party too! Some of this spinach artichoke bread with the apricot bbq wings would make for a very tasty football party spread! Here’s the tasty recipe:
- 1 unsliced round bread loaf (french or sourdough)
- 2-3 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3-4 cups baby spinach
- 14 oz jar artichoke hearts
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stick (8 Tbs) butter
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ Cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place ¾ of the stick of butter in a small pan, along with the spinach and minced garlic. Chop the artichoke hearts and add to the mixture. Let that sauté for just a minute while you cut the bread.
- Cut bread loaf lengthwise and widthwise (without cutting all the way through the bottom of the loaf), creating approximately 1-inch wide sections of bread.
- Place bread on a foil-lined baking sheet, stuffing the shredded mozzarella. Then, stuff in the sauteed spinach and artichokes.
- Lightly spray foil with non-stick spray and wrap bread completely in foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minute
- While that bakes, melt the rest of the butter and in a small bowl, combine melted butter & garlic powder.
- Remove from oven and unwrap the bread. Using a pastry brush, apply a light coat of the garlic butter mixture all over the bread. Sprinkle all over with Parmesan cheese.
- Return to oven (bread unwrapped) and bake 10 more minutes (until cheese is melted and bread starts to look golden).
Yum! This one is seriously SO tasty! You can’t go wrong with it for your next get together! Pin It