Burgers on the grill! There is something just so quintessentially “summer” about that. Grilling, pool parties, backyard BBQs – we love it all. And, honestly, those occasions are just about the only time we ever grill burgers. But, then some foodie blogging friends issued a 15-minute “gourmet” burger challenge and I was intrigued. Could we really do some delicious gourmet burgers in 15 minutes? I wasn’t sure, but decided to make some southwestern bacon cheeseburgers to find out! Well, I’m here to tell you that it CAN be done! I’ve never timed making burgers like this before, but we did it in 15 minutes…and are now wondering why we haven’t been doing this more often. Quick, super tasty, and it didn’t heat up my entire kitchen. To make the burgers in 15 minutes (or less), starting with already pattied burgers helps (I like to buy ground beef in bulk and then patty some up to keep in the freezer). While the burgers are on the grill, cook up some bacon in the microwave (yes, really! We do this ALL the time. A bit messy, but quick & crispy). And, while the bacon cooks, whip up some homemade guacamole! Put everything together and you’ve got some delicious southwestern burgers in no time!
Easy Southwestern Bacon Cheeseburgers with Guacamole
- 1/4 lb hamburger patties
- taco seasoning
- pepper jack cheese slices
- Sprinkle some of your favorite taco seasoning onto the hamburger patties (or you can mix it in before pattying).
- Grill hamburgers on medium high heat, 3-4 minutes per side (until desired doneness is reached).
- While hamburgers grill, prepare the bacon & guacamole.
- As soon as burgers are done, top each patty with a slice of pepper jack cheese.
- Place cheeseburger on bottom bun, top with bacon. Spread a thin layer of guacamole on the inside of the top bun and place on the burger.
Yum! These were SO tasty! We served them up with some homemade salsa (that we already had) & tortilla chips. Random Tip: If you save the avocado skins from making the guacamole, you can use them as little salsa bowls! 😉
Now, how about even more quick gourmet burger recipe ideas?! Here’s a few more ideas!
- Spicy Hot Wing Burger from Cute as a Fox
- Greek-style Gourmet Burgers from Better in Bulk
- Pimento Cheese Burger from Jen’s Journey
- Spicy Green Chile Cowboy Burger from Liz on Call
- Sprouts & Avocado Burger from Upstate Ramblings
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken Burgers from Famished Fish, Finicky Shark
Don’t those all sound great?! Which delicious burger do you want to try first?