Looking for a fun way to celebrate the start of the new school year? These edible pencil treats are sure to be a hit!Back to school season is in full swing! I love surprising the boys with a fun back to school themed lunch or after school snack to celebrate the start of school. And, these cute little pencil treats are perfect for that! In fact, they would be an adorable addition to a back to school breakfast, lunch, or even a special back to school party! And, the beauty of these pencil snacks is that you don’t need many items to make these (or a lot of food art skills). The don’t take long to make either! So, you can whip up a little something cute & fun in no time! Here’s what you’ll need to make the pencil snacks:
- Little Debbie Banana Twins (<–you can click the Amazon affiliate link to order easily) – each individually wrapped package will yield two pencils
- Banana (you can get 3-5 pencil tips depending on the size of each banana)
- 1 large raspberry per pencil
- 1 raisin per pencil
Edible Banana Pencil Directions:
- Carefully open each Banana Twin and discard the wrappers. Line the Banana Twins up on a large baking sheet, serving tray or platter about 2″ a part.
- Peel 1 banana at a time and use a small paring knife to slice it into 2″ chunks.
- Use the paring knife to cut the banana chunk into a triangle shape and make a small wedge in the tip of the banana.
- Give each ‘pencil‘ one triangle shaped banana tip. Place one raisin in the small cut you made to make it look like pencil lead.
- Lastly, place one large fresh raspberry on the top of each ‘pencil‘ to resemble an eraser.
Kids will LOVE these!!! 🙂