This delicious Southwest Breakfast Pizza Recipe is a sponsored post by me on behalf of Farmer John®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Who else loves a good, hearty breakfast?! With 3 growing boys, breakfast is definitely a popular meal at our house every day! 😉 On some days though, I like to kick breakfast or brunch up a notch – especially when we have guests visiting, on some fun weekend mornings (like during college football season with morning games), and over the holidays! Those special times call for an extra-tasty breakfast and this Southwestern Breakfast Pizza is a delicious choice!
Southwestern Breakfast Pizza Ingredients
You just need some standard breakfast ingredients, plus a few Southwestern flavors to create this fabulous breakfast pizza! I picked up everything I needed at Fry’s.
In addition to the obvious need for eggs and cheese, we also used Farmer John® Pork Sausage Links and Farmer John® Classic Premium Bacon to really get all the delicious breakfast flavors in there! We went with the classic varieties for this dish (I love that the bacon is hardwood smoked). But Farmer John has other quality options that you could try as well, like Maple Pork Sausage Links and Old-Fashioned Maple Bacon (both made with real maple syrup), Thick Cut Bacon for those who like a meatier cut, and Lower Sodium Bacon with all the flavor, but 30% less sodium per serving compared to Farmer John Classic Bacon. YUM! Then, for that West Coast/Southwestern flair, we used green chiles, salsa, pepper jack cheese, and cilantro. And don’t worry – if you’re one of those “cilantro tastes like soap” people, you can just omit the cilantro. No biggie! The end result is this DELICIOUS creation! Doesn’t it look good?
How to Make Breakfast Pizza:
This really is an easy recipe to create, with not much more work than just cooking up a regular big breakfast.
- You’ll start by prepping the pizza dough. Use your favorite homemade recipe or store-bought dough. I prefer to put the dough in a large cookie sheet pan instead of rolling it into a circle, but you can do whichever method you prefer!
- Once your dough is rolled out on your pan of choice, poke the dough with a fork and brush with 1 Tablespoon of melted butter. You’ll bake that in the oven for about 7 minutes. While the dough bakes, cook up the eggs, Farmer John Classic Premium Bacon and Pork Sausage Links.
- You’ll also prep the breakfast pizza sauce to go on the pizza – that is a mixture of salsa, cream cheese, and pepper jack!
Once you remove the dough from the oven, you’ll spread the pizza sauce mixture over it and set aside. You’ll add your toppings just like a regular pizza – on goes the scrambled eggs mixture, the cooked Farmer John Pork Sausage Links and Farmer John Classic Premium Bacon (chopped), and more cheese!! YUM! After baking the pizza another 7 minutes or so, you’ll have a delicious end result:You guys – It IS SO GOOD! This is one recipe worthy of your holiday celebrations! And I love that it has the Southwestern twist! This would be SUCH a great meal to treat your guests to. They won’t be able to resist a bite!So, be sure to put these ingredients on your next grocery list and try this breakfast pizza! You’ll find Farmer John products in the fresh meat department at your local Fry’s (or Kroger banner stores on the West Coast like Food 4 Less, Foods Co, Ralphs, Ralphs Fresh Fare, and Ralphs Marketplace). And be sure to check out the Farmer John website for more great recipe ideas
Southwestern Breakfast Pizza Recipe
Southwestern Breakfast Pizza
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust or homemade dough recipe
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 C milk
- 1 8 oz. package Farmer John Pork Sausage Links
- 6 slices of Farmer John Classic Premium Bacon
- 1 small can 4 oz. green chiles
- 1/2 C salsa/picante sauce
- 3 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend or cheddar, shredded
- *Optional: Cilantro and/or sliced green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine salsa, cream cheese, and pepper jack cheese. Stir until ingredients are mixd well. Set aside.
- Unroll dough onto a greased baking pan. Spread out to fit pan and poke fork throughout the dough. Brush with melted butter and bake for 7-8 minutes.
- While dough bakes, cook Farmer John bacon in a pan and Farmer John sausage according to package directions. Once cooked, chop up bacon and slice sausage links. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs and milk. Whisk together. Pour contents into a greased pan to cook scrambled eggs. As the eggs being to cook through (about mid-way through cooking), pour in the green chiles and stir combine. Once eggs are done, remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove pizza crust from oven, spread a thin layer of the salsa and cheese mixture (this is your "pizza sauce") evenly over the warm crust.
- Spoon scrambled eggs mixture evenly over the crust. Add the chopped bacon and sliced sausage. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 7-10 more minutes, until cheese is melted and crust turns golden brown.
- Remove from oven and garnish with cilantro and/or green onion if desired.
- Slice and enjoy!
Like it? Pin It!
Loved the concept. Something new other than egg bakes. Tasted wonderful. I made it as written but you could change up your toppings. Will make again.