YUM! Ever since discovering a recipe for oatmeal muffins a couple of years ago, they are my go-to muffin recipe! We love them! Not only are super tasty (and more dense than a regular muffin), but they are gluten free and oil free! Super awesome! The strawberry banana muffins have been a family favorite for a while now. But, I’ve been experimenting with other fruit combinations. We just did raspberry and it’s the best one so far! Seriously, SO good!!!! Mmmm! Just like with the strawberry variety, these have banana in them to help with the texture & sweetness! We love them that way, but if you really don’t like banana (or have an allergy), you could experiment with adding some extra flavored yogurt, applesauce, and/or more fruit. Here’s the recipe:
Raspberry Oatmeal Muffins
- 5 C old fashioned rolled oats old fashioned, not quick cooking
- 2 cups plain greek yogurt I used Fage - you can sweeten a little with honey, agave, sugar, etc if you'd like
- 4 eggs
- 1 C sugar
- 3 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 to 2 pints raspberries 1 to 2 cups
- Preheat oven to 400 and prep muffin tins (with non-stick spray or liners)
- Grind the oats into "oat flour" in a small food processor or high-powered blender.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Then, add yogurt & eggs.
- Add mashed bananas to the mixture, then fold in washed raspberries.
- Spoon batter into the greased muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean).
- Let cool. Then, eat (or freeze) & enjoy!