I love springtime!! Between the gorgeous weather, flowers blooming, pretty colors, and Easter, it’s just such a nice season! So, for our #12bloggers post this month, we’re focusing on spring treats! I often think of Easter themes when I think of spring, so I’m sharing some easy & fun Pink Chocolate Covered Easter Egg Rice Krispies Treats. I think the pastel colors on these are so pretty! It’s amazing how just a little chocolate (“candy melt”) and sprinkles can make a simple dessert look so much more fun! You just need to make sure you have an egg-shaped cookie cutter. If you don’t celebrate Easter…or if you don’t want to go to the trouble of making eggs, then just cut traditional squares. But, then, still dip in the chocolate and add the sprinkles for some added spring fun! In case you need directions for making Rice Krispies treats, here is the recipe! 😉
Pink Chocolate Covered Easter Egg Rice Krispies Treats
- 1 10 oz package marshmallows or about 40 large individual or 4 cups of miniature
- 4 Tbs. Butter or margarine
- 6 C. Rice Krispies Cereal
- Egg-shaped cookie cutter
- Pink Candy Melts
- Pastel nonpareils sprinkles
- Spray 9x13 pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large pan, melt butter on low heat. Then, add in marshmallows, stir until well-combined.
- Once the mixture is smooth, stir in the 6 cups of rice cereal and mix until well-coated.
- Place mixutre into 9x13 pan and press down evenly with wax paper (or with greased hands).
- Grease egg-shaped cookie cutter and use to cut out the Easter Eggs.
- Melt the pink candy melts according to package directions (I like to use the microwave).
- Dip the Egg treats into the chocolate one at a time and set aside on wax paper. Sprinkle with nonpareils.
Fun, right?! Now, how about a few more fun spring-themed treats?! It’s a great mix of some light spring fruit-flavored recipes and some cute treats that would be great for Easter! Be sure to head over to each site to get directions and pin the recipes for later!
- Rhubarb Pichu Berry Crumb Bars from Betsy Life
- Strawberry Sorbet from Home Cooking Memories
- Lemon Pistachio Ice Box Pie from A Little Claireification
- Springtime Blondie Bars from The Rebel Chick
- Edible Flower Bouquet from A Million Moments
- Spring Candy Bark from A Night Owl Blog
- Spring Snack Mix from Bless This Mess Please
- Honey Pistachio Granola from Eat Your Heart Out
- Fruit Salsa & Edible Butterfly Cinnamon Chips from See Vanessa Craft
- Strawberry Whip from Plugged In Family
What spring-inspired treats are your favorite?
For cute! My kids would love helping make these!
I am a total sucker for rice crispy treats! These are so pretty and just perfect for Easter!!
Cute! I bet the kids love this for Easter!
I love rice krispie treats! Thinking of other shapes I can make for future holidays
Oh how I love rice krispie treats! But I’m always so boring with them (just squares in a pan). These are super pretty!
These are so cute- I like the half covered one because it looks like it’s cracking. We love doing rice krispie treats!