Do you love quinoa? It’s a great alternative to rice and something we love eating around here. I love making larger batches of quinoa, to keep leftovers on hand for easy recipes like this Southwest Quinoa Salad. It’s a great vegetarian/vegan option for a lighter lunch idea. Or pair it with some grilled chicken for a heartier and delicious meal!
Aren’t all the colors pretty? I love the fresh ingredients in this dish. It really is just a bit of a twist on a “burrito bowl”. YUM! Here’s the easy recipe:
Southwest Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 1/2 C. quinoa rinsed
- 1 C. water
- 1/4 - 1/2 C black beans rinsed
- 1/4 C - 1/2 C frozen corn thawed
- 1/4 - 1/2 C. tomato diced
- 1/8 C. green onion diced
- *optional - chopped cilantro to taste
- 1 lime cut in half
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions (Bring a small saucepan of with 1 cup of water to boil. Add in the rinsed quinoa, turn the heat to low and cover. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes). Let the quinoa cool.
- Once the quinoa has cooled, add all vegetable ingredients plus lime juice and salt & pepper (to taste). Toss to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!
SOOOO easy and tasty! You could even add additional veggies or spices – jalapeño or green chiles would work great if you’d like a little more spice. You could also add in a little sprinkle of cheese!
For more delicious quinoa recipes, be sure to check these out: