These Peeps Pistachio Salad dessert cups are an adorable and tasty dessert treat for your Easter celebrations! One of my favorite things about Easter is our family celebrations. We get together with family for Easter dinner and have been doing that as long as I remember! There are the classics like Easter ham, colorful deviled eggs, my great-grandma’s potato salad (the best ever!), sometimes a vegetable salad like vinegar cucumbers or marinated vegetable salad, and then usually a sweet salad as well. It’s a little salad heavy! 😉 The sweet salad is sometimes a Jell-o fruit salad, sometimes ambrosia fruit salad, and sometime pistachio salad (aka watergate salad). That’s my husband’s favorite! And the kids happen to really love it too! Mmmmm! It’s so creamy and tasty! And, the light green color really is perfect for spring! But, I thought it’d make it a little more fun and Easter-themed by making individual Easter dessert cups. Peeps are always a hit at Easter, so what could be cuter than little Easter chick nests? Aren’t they cute?! I used clear solo cups, but they really were a little big – more like 2 servings instead of one. If you can find the small mason jars or even smaller clear juice/party glasses, those would probably work best. I think they’d be adorable set on the table at each place setting!! Here’s the easy recipe!
Pistachio Salad Easter Peeps Dessert Cups
- 1 small box pistachio pudding
- 1 can 20oz crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1-2 C mini marshmallows
- 1 tub whipped topping we like Tru Whip
- 1 C shredded coconut
- Peeps 1 per dessert cup
- green food coloring
- small mason jars or clear cups
- In a medium bowl, combine pudding, crushed pineapple (with juice), mini marshmallows, and whipped topping. Stir until pudding powder is all incorporated and contents are well-combined.
- In a small baggie or bowl, mix coconut with a few drops of green food coloring. Stir/toss to color the coconut.
- When ready to serve, spoon the pistachio salad into your clear jars or cups. Top with a small amount of coconut and the Peep on top!
So fun! Now, have a look at all the other fun Easter recipe ideas we have for you today! Whether you’re looking for a cute treat for the kids, a dessert for the whole family, or just something fun for your Easter dinner, you’ll find something perfect with these recipes from my fellow #CreativeFoodies! Be sure to pin this for later and then hop around to check out all the tasty treats!
- Easter Bunny Crispy Treats from See Vanessa Craft
- Mini No-Bake Carrot Cake Cheesecakes from A Night Owl Blog
- Cream Egg Cracker Toffee from Spaceships and Laserbeams
- Bunny Bait from Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons
- Homemade Peeps – recipe and video tutorial from Ashlee Marie
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes from Mommy Hates Cooking
- Chick Cookies from Two Twenty One
- Mini Bunny Cakes from Happiness is Homemade
- Strawberries & Cream Salad Shooters from Play Party Plan
- Easy Peeps JELL-O Cake from Strawberry Mommycakes
- Easter Bunny Bread Bowls from The Idea Room
This #CreativeFoodies group will be bringing you themed recipes each month, so stay tuned for more delicious fun!
Which Easter recipe would you like to try first?