These pineapple avocado breakfast toasts are a filling and delicious breakfast idea! Does anyone else get stuck in a breakfast rut? I feel like it can be easy to do! So, I love trying new things to change it up! I’ve also been trying to make it a point to do healthier, more clean-eating meals! And, this pineapple avocado toast can certainly fit that bill – especially if you use a healthier bread (Ezekiel bread is one of my favorite choices for that). Though, this breakfast is also really good on a piece of french bread or sourdough! 😉 Whatever your preference!
Yum!!! Now, cottage cheese is the other ingredient here. I personally LOVE pineapple and cottage cheese! Super tasty! It also packs a nice amount of protein! If cottage cheese isn’t your thing though, this would taste great with a thin layer of cream cheese or even just some butter!
Here’s the simple recipe:
Pineapple Avocado Breakfast Toasts
- 2 slices bread your choice!
- 1 can Pineapple rings or fresh pineapple would also be delicious to use when available
- ½ C Cottage Cheese
- ½ Avocado sliced
- Toast the bread pieces.
- In a fry (or grill pan), lightly spray the pan and place the pineapple rings down and cut in half. Fry/grill them over medium heat until they warm through and caramelize. Remove from heat and set aside.
- On a serving plate, begin by putting a ¼ C each of the cottage cheese on the toast. Spread evenly.
- Salt and pepper the cheese to your tastes.
- Place the slices of avocado on top of the cheese
- Lastly, layer the grilled pineapple on the top.
- Serve and enjoy!