YUM! Don’t you just love when you throw a meal together or concoct your own recipe and it turns out SO well?! This was one of those times! A skillet dinner made with chicken apple sausage, apples, and potatoes. Perfect for fall and SO good!
As soon as I saw the new Gourmet Creations Chicken Apple Sausages from Hillshire Farm, I had an idea about a a yummy fall dinner! The flavors of the sausage sounded so good and something that I figured the kids would eat!
Chicken Apple Sausage Skillet Meal
(I made a large quantity so we could have leftovers, if you have a small family or don’t want leftovers, obviously reduce quantities)
– 4 medium apples (I used golden delicious because that’s what we had), diced
– 7 small-medium red potatoes, sliced
– 1/2 small sweet onion, chopped
– olive oil
– 1/2 C water
– 1 T brown sugar
– salt & pepper to taste
– Heat large pan on stove or electric skillet on medium high heat.
– Drizzle olive oil in the pan
– Chop onion into small pieces and add to skillet
– Slice potatoes fairly thin (about 1/8″ -1/4″ thick)
1. Add sliced potatoes to skillet. Cover.
2. While potatoes and onion cook, dice apples into small chunks (I left the skin on). Stir potatoes & onions, then add apples, brown sugar & water. Cover.
4. Let all ingredients cook together until potatoes and apples are tender. Add salt & pepper to taste.
Serve up & enjoy! I thought it would be really pretty plated with asparagus, but I thought of that too late & we didn’t have any. So, we just had ours with broccoli & carrots. But, it was SO good–love it when even the kids like it! 🙂 And, I love that it was essentially a one-dish meal so there hardly any dishes! A win-win!
Linked to: *CSI Project Fall Foods Challenge
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. #GourmetCreations #cbias You can view my whole shopping experience here, on Google+. As always, all opinions and experiences are my own.