We’re now 5 weeks into football & tailgate season and you know how much we love those two things around here! So, I’m thrilled to team-up with the National Pork Board and Kroger on their fun #tailgatingwithpork campaign! As part of this sponsored campaign, I’ll be sharing some great recipes with you, along with a fun tailgate party and sweet giveaway! So, we’re going kick things off with a delish tailgating with pork recipe – beer soaked and smoked baby back ribs! Oh my goodness, y’all! I know I recently shared the “best-ever” smoked baby back ribs, but these are really good too! The flavor from the beer is a really nice addition (and perfect for a tailgate, right?!). And, what makes these ribs an especially great football tailgate party option is that you can make them in just over 2 hours! Compare that to the almost 6 hours the “best-ever” smoked ribs take and that is a HUGE time savings. The secret is that you start the beer soaked ribs in the oven (so, if you’re tailgating on-site, you could start them in the oven at home before you go)! Yes, that might be blasphemous to grilling/smoking aficionados. But, the reality is that you don’t always have all day to stand over the grill or wait for the smoker to get done! Besides, not everyone tailgates for over 6 hours before the game! So, I think these beer soaked & smoked ribs are a win-win – still big on flavor in WAY less time!
Beer Soaked & Quick Smoked Baby Back Ribs
- 2 slabs of baby back ribs
- seasoning/rub of your choice
- 1 to 2 bottles of beer (your choice of beer. use 2 bottles for more intense flavor).
- 2 cups BBQ sauce of your choice
- apple wood chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread a generous amount of the rub on to the meat. This is done entirely to your taste depending on what level of seasoning you like.
- Place the seasoned rib racks into baking pans (you’ll likely need to cut each rack in half). Pour the bottle(s) of beer over the ribs, into the baking pans.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour (enjoy the smell, it’s delicious!). After about 30 minutes or so, then go prep the smoker (or grill). Fill the smoker wood chip tray with apple wood chips and preheat to 225 degrees.
- Remove ribs from the oven. At this point, the ribs are mostly cooked. But, they’re missing that smokey flavor & the meat could be more tender. So, transfer the ribs on to sheets of foil and place in the smoker. Smoke for 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- While the ribs are smoking, prepare your BBQ sauce for basting. For added flavor, we combined about 1/2 C of the beer left in the pan with 1.5 cups of BBQ sauce.
- Remove from smoker and slather with BBQ sauce. Return the ribs, uncovered, to the smoker for an additional 30–45 minutes.
- At this point, the ribs should be good to go! So remove from the smoker and serve up with your favorite tailgating sides!
Yummmmmmm! Is your mouth-watering yet? These really are finger-licking good and just scream football tailgate party! But, if ribs aren’t your thing, there are still some delicious ways to tailgate with pork! Two of our favorite recipes include these grilled beer brats and these BBQ pulled pork sliders with apples & onions. Kroger has you covered with some great recipes too, including Cuban Pork Adobo Chops, Make-It-Mine Pork Kabobs, Tangy Grilled Back Ribs, Double Pork Party Sliders, Perfect Pulled Pork, and Simply Sauce Bacon-Wrapped Pork Loin. Plus, each week through October, Kroger has some sweet deals to help you save money on your tailgate party. Weekly deals include:
- Week of September 15: Pork Chops (boneless and bone in)
- Week of September 22: Pork Back Ribs
- Week of September 29: Pork Chops (boneless and bone in)
- Week of October 6: Shoulder or Blade Roast
- Week of October 13: Pork Tenderloin
- Week of October 20: Pork Loin Center Roast
To add to the fun, you have the opportunity win a $250 Kroger gift card! Think of the tailgate party you could throw with that!!!
The National Pork Board launched a “Repin-to-Win” Pinterest Sweepstakes that runs thru 10/13! Just head on over to the Tailgating with Pork Pinterest Board, where you’ll find a collection of tailgating-themed recipes To participate, all you have to do is repin one of the recipe images on Pork’s tailgating board with the hashtag #TailgatingWithPork for the chance to win 1 of 4 weekly prizes, in the form of $250 Kroger gift cards! Score! And, stay tuned right here for next week’s College Football Tailgate Party when we’ll have a great tailgating giveaway.
In the meantime, have fun entering the Pinterest contest and enter your own tailgating fun ideas right here!
Link as many posts as you like, just please be sure to link back to https://www.momendeavors.com or grab the button (code is on the right side-bar)!
College Football Saturday Tailgate Link Party
*Linked to: *Link Party Palooza
Those ribs look so yummy! I was dreaming about ribs today! lol XOXO
Looks delicious!! 🙂
The ribs look awesome!! YUM!
I’ve been hungry for ribs and these look amazing!
I just ran onto your site through Operation Round-Up… and ohh my goodness. This tailgating round-up is going to be awesome come next football season… Those ribs looks so delicious!