These peanut butter & coconut snack bites are perfect any time of the day for a little energy boost!
It’s back to school time around here! In fact, Big Brother started this week – complete with a fun Disney Frozen Olaf-themed lunch for his first day! The busy back to school season means not only being prepped for busy morning breakfasts and school day lunches, but having after school snacks at the ready! Whenever I can, I like to have something homemade (but still easy) for the boys in the afternoon and these peanut butter coconut snack bites are PERFECT for that! These little snacks (also often called energy bites) are SO tasty!! I was a little worried about the texture with the boys, but all 3 love them! With how easy these are to make, you really can’t go wrong! In fact, I make a double batch now because little hands seem to just love snagging these tasty snacks.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Snack Bites
- 1 C oats
- 1/2 C peanut butter I use organic chunky
- 1/4 C honey
- 1/2 C shredded coconut sweetened or unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Dump all ingredients into a medium bowl. Stir until well combined (everything should be evenly coated).
- Place bowl in the refrigerator (or freezer) for a few minutes just to help set everything (which makes shaping the balls much easier).
- Remove from the refrigerator and shape into balls (approximately 1-inch). Store in an air tight container in the fridge.
*You can also store in the freezer if you're not going to go through the batch right away. I recommend flash freezing the bites first on parchment or a cookie sheet, then transferring to a container so that everything doesn't stick together.
- Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus from Stephie Cooks
- Pizza & Buffalo Wing Bites from BetsyLife
- Peanut Butter and Banana Yogurt Pops from Home Cooking Memories
- Pita Nachos from A Little Claireification
- Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Muffins from The Rebel Chick
- Easy Cinnamon Fruit Cup from Million Moments
- Loaded Pizza Pinwheels from A Night Owl Blog
- How to Pop Popcorn in a Brown Paper Bag in the Microwave from Bless This Mess Please
- Green Smoothie from See Vanessa Craft
- Banana Roll Ups from Plugged In Family
What tasty snack do you want to make first?