What’s better than a cake pop? How about a no bake cake pop? Yes, really! Well, sort of. These aren’t exactly cake. But, they are sort of cake-like and they’re a “pop”. So, what gets even better than no bake cake pop? How about a gluten-free, lower sugar pop covered in real, luxurious dark chocolate?! That’s exactly what we have here in these no bake dark chocolate banana nut “cake” pops!!! After making the peanut butter coconut snack bites, I’ve been on a no-bake snack bite kick. Some of my favorite flavors together are chocolate & banana. So I decided to attempt a no-bake banana bite and am pleased with the results! These remind me a little of banana bread, but without the bread! 😉 Instead of adding chocolate chips like so many like to do with banana bread, I decided to dip the bites in melted DOVE® Dark Chocolate Promises. Oh.My.YUM!!!!! Here’s the recipe:
No-Bake Dark Chocolate Banana Nut "Cake" Pops
- 1 C old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 T nuts I used almonds & cashews
- 1/4 C peanut butter
- 2 T honey
- 1 large mashed banana
- 1 t vanilla
- dash of cinnamon
- 15-20 DOVE® Dark Chocolate Promises melted
- candy sticks
- For a smoother texture, start by grinding the oats & nuts down into a course, flour-like texture in a blender or food processor.
- Dump ground oats and all other ingredients (except the chocolate) into a medium bowl. Stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Place bowl in the refrigerator (or freezer) for a few minutes just to help set everything (which makes shaping the balls much easier).
- Remove from the refrigerator and shape into balls (approximately 1-inch). Then, place in the freezer.
- While in the freezer, prep the chocolate. Unwrap all your chocolates and place them in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on medium power in 30 second intervals, stirring as needed.
- Once the chocolate is melted and the bites have had time to set in the freezer, take them out. Dip a candy stick in the chocolate and insert into the banana nut ball. Then dip into the melted chocolate, rotating as needed for an even coat. Set on wax paper or a silpat.
- Repeat for all pops. Store in the refrigerator.
Disclaimer: Compensation was provided by DOVE® Dark Chocolate via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of author and are not indicative of the opinions of Dove or Momtrends. For more delicious ideas, be sure to follow Dove on facebook and or twitter!