Jump-start your morning with these easy-to-make mini sausage pancake muffins. The whole family will love these delicious breakfast bites that we’re thrilled to share with you today as part of a sponsored partnership with Johnsonville. Love a hot breakfast? We do here too! But, I don’t always love cooking up a hot breakfast! Getting out the griddle, making pancakes, cooking bacon, etc. can end up taking up quite a bit of time! No so with these sausage pancake muffins though! From getting the ingredients out to eating was just less than 15 minutes (and 10 minutes of that was oven time where I could clean up everything else) – YES!!!! Plus, everyone seems to love bite-sized food, so you can’t go wrong with some “pigs in a blanket” muffins – breakfast style!
Quick & Easy Breakfast
While we love bacon too, the secret to these tasty pancake bites is swapping out strips for Johnsonville’s Fully Cooked breakfast links. The sausage actually provides more protein than bacon and is already cooked, full of built-in flavor! So handy! I’m all for ways to save some time in the kitchen! By using Johnsonville’s Fully Cooked Breakfast Sausage in this recipe, I didn’t have to dirty extra dishes or use up time cooking multiple items.
How to Make Sausage Pancake Muffins:
The process to making these little tasty breakfast bites is SO easy! All you have to do is whip up a batch of pancake batter, cut the fully cooked sausage links in thirds, and add everything to mini muffin tins! You’ll pop them in the oven (at 350F) for 10-12 minutes and that’s it! Done, easy, and SO good! Once the mini muffins are done, serve them warm with a small bowl of maple syrup for dipping! YES! These are a HUGE hit at our house! Another bonus is that you could make a big batch of these and freeze them! They’re perfect for kids to pop in the microwave on a busy school morning to have a hot breakfast! Easy, quick, and tasty – ALWAYS a win!
Sausage Pancake Muffin Recipe:
Here’s the printable recipe so you can whip up batches of these tasty muffin bites anytime!
- 2 C dry pancake mix (homemade or store bought)
- 1 C milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 pkg Johnsonville Fully Cooked Breakfast Sausage
- *Butter, Maple syrup (or additional toppings)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease mini muffin pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together pancake mix, milk, egg, and sugar. (Batter will be thicker than regular pancake batter - more like a muffin batter).
- Spoon approximately 1 TBSP of batter into each muffin well.
- Cut sausage links into thirds. Place one slice of sausage link into the center of each muffin well.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until muffins are golden and cooked through.
- Serve warm with butter if desired and maple syrup for dipping.
Yum! These are so good and a nice twist on the traditional hot breakfast food! Let us know if you enjoy them too!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.