This delicious meatball sub casserole is a sponsored recipe post written by me on behalf of Carando®. All opinions are entirely my own.
Big family meals together and comfort foods are always a win – especially during the holiday season! And a hearty Italian-inspired dish always comes to mind in those situations! You can always go with a great pasta dish, but this casserole dish combines many of our favorites – cheese, garlic bread, and delicious meatballs!
YUM!!!! If only the delicious smell could come through your screen right now! Bursting with flavor, hearty and delicious, this meatball sub bake is a family favorite here! It’s got the taste of meatball subs, but in a family-style serving dish! The secret to some extra good flavor in this recipe is using Carando® Fresh Italian Style Meatballs!
Convenient Fresh Meatballs
When you want good quality, fresh meatballs without having to hand make your own from scratch, Carando Fresh Italian Style Meatballs are a GREAT choice! They are authentically crafted and deliciously convenient. I purchase these at our local Winco in the refrigerated meat aisle (be sure to snag a coupon to Save $1.00 on any ONE (1) Carando® Item at Winco) – super easy!!! The flavors and freshness really make this dish extra delicious and I love that I can just pop them in the oven (according to package directions) while I’m prepping the rest of the recipe! Super convenient!So while the meatballs cook in the oven, I prep the other ingredients for this tasty meatball sub bake! That starts with making garlic bread (much like I do for our delicious homemade garlic bread recipe) in the baking dish! The garlic bread is the base for this casserole and I find that toasting it up first (right in the oven while the meatballs cook) help the consistency and flavors.
Once the bread is done, you spread a mix of ricotta cheese and pasta sauce over the cheesy garlic bread. Then, you top with the cooked meatballs, a little more sauce, and some more cheese! It’s sort of like lasagna meets a meatball sub…and it’s DELICIOUS! Whether it’s a weeknight meal or a special holiday gathering, this is one great dish to feed the family!
Meatball Sub Casserole Recipe
- 2 packages Carando Fresh Italian Style Meatballs
- 1 loaf french bread, sliced
- 4 TBSP butter, melted
- 1 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1 C ricotta cheese
- 2 C pasta sauce, divided
- 2 C mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 C Parmesan cheese, divided
- *Optional - chopped parsley as garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake meatballs on a foil-lined baking sheet according to package directions.
- While the meatballs bake, prepare the garlic bread. Slice french bread into ¾ inch slices, arrange in 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine melted butter with 1 tsp garlic powder and brush mixture onto bread slices. Top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese and ⅕ cup of parmesan cheese. Place dish in oven approximately 5-7 minutes (while meatballs bake), until bread is slightly toasted and cheese is melted.
- While bread bakes, mix together ricotta cheese and 1 cup pasta sauce in a small bowl.
- When ready, remove baking dish with bread and meatballs from the oven.
- Spread ricotta and sauce mixture over the bread. Arranged meatballs over the mixture. Top with remaining sauce and remaining cheeses.
- Bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melty and bubbling.
- Serve immediately with parsley as an optional garnish.
Yum! It’s so good! So, be sure to pick up all the ingredients to make this tasty meatball sub casserole recipe for your next family holiday meal. Remember, you can snag a coupon here while supplies last –> http://www.WinCoFoods.com.
Like it? Pin it!Pin It