Celebrate the release of Disney’s The Lion King on Blu-ray/DVD with these easy & tasty grub krispie treats – perfect for a fun family movie night or Lion King party!
Be Prepared for some at-home movie fun with The Lion King – the 2019 summer blockbuster that brought our favorite Pride Land characters to life in a whole new way. Now out on Blu-ray/DVD (on October 22, 2019), who else is excited to add The Lion King to your Disney movie collection? We were sent an early review copy (thanks, Disney!), so I’m excited to share some details about the Blu-ray/DVD and this easy movie snack so you can have an awesome Lion King family movie night at home! (*Note: some affiliate links are included below, from which we may earn a small commission to help keep sharing fun free content like this! ? ).
So, for a fun Lion King movie night at home, you’re going to need to grab the movie and a few supplies to make our tasty grub treats! 🙂
The Lion King Blu-ray
It’s no secret we’re big fans of Disney movies and family movie nights at home and The Lion King is no exception. While I still prefer the original to this new version, the animation in this is AMAZING! At many moments, it feels like watching a beautiful documentary. So, the bonus features on this Blu-ray/DVD are fabulous! Here’s a look at what you’ll get:
- The Journey to “The Lion King”:
- The Music – Go inside the studio with the cast and crew as they work to honor and elevate The Lion King’s beloved music.
- The Magic – Discover how the filmmakers blended the traditional filmmaking techniques with virtual reality technology to create amazing movie magic.
- The Timeless Tale – Filmmakers and cast reflect on the story that has moved generations and share how this Lion King carries a proud legacy forward.
- More to Be Scene: Recording studio and layer-by-layer progressions of some of most iconic moments in “The Lion King.”
- “Circle of Life” – Peel back the layers of effects and go behind the scenes of this iconic musical moment from the film
- “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” – See all the effects, talent andfun that went into creating this vibrant version of “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” for the movie
- “Hakuna Matata” – Join Donald Glover (Simba), Seth Rogen (Pumbaa) and Billy Eichner (Timon) in the studio for the making of this memorable scene.
- Music Videos:
- “Never Too Late” (lyric video) by Elton John
- “Spirit” performed by Beyoncé Knowles-Carter
- Filmmaker Introduction
- Audio Commentary By Director Jon Favreau.
- Song Selection:
- “Circle of Life”
- “I Just Can’t Wait to be King”
- “Be Prepared”
- “Hakuna Matata”
- “The Lion Sleeps Tonight”
- “Never Too Late”
- Protect the Pride: Director Jon Favreau, the Lion Recovery Fund and conservationists highlight efforts to protect the majestic lions and their home.
Lion King Grub Krispie Treats
So, now that you know all the fun you’ll find on The Lion King DVD, how about we talk about making some slimy (or crunchy 😉 ), yet satisfying grub treats?! We kept these SUPER simple and the boys still LOVED it! I thought about making the bugs more detailed, but decided to just go with the insect shapes. To make the grub treats, you just need to make a normal batch of rice krispie treats. BUT, before they cool, add some gummy worms into the treats for an extra surprise. My kids LOVED this!! Once cooled, cut out insect shapes. The boys thought the caterpillar looked most like a grub and then they thought we needed some basic beetles. Check out all the supplies we used below:
Then, once the shapes are cut out, cover the bugs in candy coating for some fun colors. You could always make them look more real and add details if you want. But, these worked for us! We served up the treats on some giant leaves and sprinkled gummy worms all around to complete the whole “grub buffet” look! 🙂 Mmmmmmm….grubs!
And if krispie treats aren’t your favorite, then I bet the kids would LOVE our candy grub treats (<—just click over to see the post). Slimy AND Satisfying for sure!!!