I’m so excited to share these tasty Jalapeño Pretzel Dog Bites with you today as part of a a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of McCormick & Company. The opinions and text are mine.Are you a football fan? It’s no secret that we’re big football fans around here – especially of the college variety. But since college football is over now, ours eyes are on the Big Game coming up here in just a few weeks. Whether you watch for the football, the halftime show, or just the commercials, you have to serve up some fun football food! And we’ve got you covered with these tasty Jalapeño Pretzel Dogs! Don’t they look like such a great football finger food?! They’re sure to kick your football party up a notch! To make these tasty bites, I just slightly changed up French’s® Jalapeño Pretzel Dogs recipe! They use full hot dogs, but I decided to make things a bit more bite-sized! You can’t go wrong with either version! And you just need 5 main ingredients! We bought French’s Classic Yellow Mustard and French’s Ketchup as the perfect dipping sauces for our spicy bites. I love that both products have no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives! Plus, French’s Ketchup is non-GMO, with no high-fructose corn syrup and has no gluten! The KEY ingredient and star of this show though is French’s Crispy Fried Jalapeños! These spicy, crunchy bits are made with real jalapeños and sure to add a kick to all your favorite meals!
Here’s the tasty recipe:
- 1-2 packages small sausages
- 1 can refrigerated pizza dough , (11 oz.)
- 5 oz. French's Crispy Fried Jalapeños, crushed
- 2 cups water
- 6 TBSP Baking Soda
- French's Classic Yellow Mustard and Ketchup (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Bring water to a boil and add the baking soda, stir until dissolved.
- Spread crushed jalapeños in bowl or plate.
- While water comes to a boil, roll out pizza dough and cut into small strips (approximately 3-4 inches long by about ¼-1/2 inch wide).
- Wrap each sausage with one strip of dough, twisting it around the whole thing.
- Boil the bites for about 30 seconds in the water mixture in batches (about 10 at a time).
- Carefully remove with a large slotted spoon and gently roll each wrapped sausage in crushed jalapeños, then place on baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes (until browned on top).
- Serve with French's Classic Yellow Mustard and Ketchup
YUM!!!!!! These are SO good! And they just scream “football food” to me! Beginning 1/21 there will be coupons in your local newspaper for the French’s products at Kroger and Kroger retailers, so be sure to snag one of those! Then purchase all the ingredients to make these tasty bites! They’re sure to score with a touchdown at your Big Game tailgating and homegating celebrations! Pin It