We finally have a little organizational center–a household notebook! And, I’m really excited about it!!
So here’s the breakdown of our family’s “little black book”…
– Daily to-dos from Simple Mom. I think the form is perfect–a section for the most important tasks of the day, a section for work, for notes, for health–it’s great! I laminated it, so it’s perfect for wiping off & reusing. Also, I printed on both sides so I can have two days before erasing.
– Cute monthly tasks pages from Tidy Mom & a blank project to-do list I made to keep a running list of household projects we’d like/need to get taken care of.
We’ve done a lot more recently with trying to menu plan, cut our grocery spending, do more eating from home, and doing more freezer cooking. In this section, we have a:
– monthly meal planning grids from Life as Mom I’m nowhere near being able to plan the whole month, but I figure if I even just keep track a week at a time for now, the full planners should end up being a good resource in the future.
Ah, cleaning. This is not my strong suit. We don’t have a set routine; no set cleaning tasks on certain days; no set rotation (*note: this doesn’t mean that we don’t ever clean–it’s just we have no organized method in doing so 🙂 ). So, to that end, I found some people who have shared their set ways and rotations.
Birthdays & Holidays:
– a Gift List that I made to keep track of presents that purchased throughout the year for various occasions. Details include “for”, “what”, “$$”, “occasion” and “location”. This way we can keep track of what we’ve purchased, how much was spent, what it’s for, and where it is in the house! 🙂
– a Gift/Wish List that I made to jot down when something comes to mind/we see something at the store.
Contacts & Accounts:
– A chart to keep track of all of our accounts/bills including due dates
– a business card page to keep cards from companies we like
So, there you have it–our household notebook! I’m sure it will be an ever-changing “document” as we figure out how to make it work best for us. But, I sure am happy with this start!
What about YOU?
– Did you complete the challenge? Or have you already been keeping a household notebook?
– Anything major you think I’m missing?
I’d love to hear your thoughts!
*See lots of completed binders/link yours up at Life as Mom.