These fire roasted stuffed red peppers are inspired from “Anger” in Disney-Pixar’s new Inside Out. Like Anger, these stuffed peppers are stout, red, and have some spice! During the Disney Social Media Moms Conference last month, we listened to a fascinating presentation from Pixar producer, Jonas Rivera, and had the pleasure of seeing a portion of Inside Out with our families. The movie hits theaters today (you can read our Inside Out movie review here), so a few of us #DisneyMoms decided to team up to bring you a fun Inside Out inspired progressive dinner. These recipes would be so fun to serve up after going to see the movie! The links to all of them are at the end of the post, but first the recipe for these tasty peppers! These stuffed red peppers are great to make for a delicious dinner (even if you’re not interested in the Inside Out theme)! And, they really are SO easy too! Plus, they’re totally gluten free and grain free (though you could certainly serve with some quinoa or rice if you’d like). Here’s the recipe:
Fire Roasted Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 1.25 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1/2 C diced celery
- 1/2 C diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1-2 cans fire roasted green chiles or jalapeño for more kick
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1-2 C shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4-6 large red bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and start by cooking the celery, onion, and garlic. Then add the ground turkey and brown.
- Once the turkey is cooked through, add the diced tomatoes, green chiles, and black beans. Season with pepper to taste (and red pepper flakes if you'd like some added kick). Simmer on medium high heat for 5-10 minutes.
- While the mixture simmers, prepare the bell peppers. Cut the tops off and remove the seeds & white tissue inside.
- Place cut peppers inside a large baking dish and completely fill each pepper with the mixture. Top each pepper with pepper jack cheese.
- Place in oven and bake until cheese melts. Remove and serve warm.
- Place peppers in a baking
Super tasty! These were a hit at our house! And, I think the whole Inside Out dinner theme would be a big hit here! The movie is SO good and makes for a great party theme! Since this is a progressive dinner, you can hop around to all the other recipes below! We’ve got all 5 emotional main characters represented! Appetizer: Baked Blueberry Brie – Made with Happy
Soup: Broccoli Cheese Soup – See Vanessa Craft
Side: Purple Potato Salad – Cute as a Fox
Main Dish: Fire-Roasted Stuffed Peppers – Mom Endeavors
Dessert: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Cups – Picky Palate
For even more Inside Out fun, be sure to check out the links below:
Emotions Sorting Activity (Free Printable)