This apricot jam sauce is so easy to make and tastes great – perfect for a tasty breakfast! Fruit compote (or what I like to call “jam sauce”) is a super easy & delicious way to use up some fruit! It’s not quite a viscous as a jam or jelly (no pectin), but it’s not really runny like a syrup. I love making it with all kinds of different fruit. In fact, I’ve shared a few here on the blog before! Our peach jam sauce and plum jam sauce are SOOoooo good! But, if you’re a fan of apricots, you’re sure to love this too! Mmmmm….The beauty of recipes like this is that they are SO easy to make! This one only has 3 ingredients – it doesn’t get much simpler than that! Easy, delicious, and few ingredients!
- 4 cups of diced apricots
- 2 Tbsp of Lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- Combine all the ingredients in a pot. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium. Stirring occasionally.
- Allow it to simmer on medium-low heat for about 40 minutes, continuing to stir frequently so that it won't burn/stick to the pan.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Fill your sterilized mason jar(s).
- Keep refrigerated and enjoy!
Yum! Now I’m craving a jar of this right now! Doesn’t it sound good?! We love these “jam sauces”/compote. This apricot jam is obviously perfect on toast, waffles, or pancakes. Mmmmm! It’s also delicious mixed in with greek yogurt!!
Here’s affiliate links to our favorite jars for jams (along with some other useful jam-making items):
What is YOUR favorite jam?