This DIY Family Gratitude Tree craft tutorial is part of a shop that has been has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HandsOnCrafty #CollectiveBias
“In all things give thanks”. It’s a quote we have hanging in our family space all the time. But in this season of Thanksgiving, I thought it would be a good time to actually ACT on that quote. Given the climate right now in the USA and around the world, I thought we all use a reminder to give thanks…in ALL things. As we lead into this holiday season, I want to give my boys a tangible reminder of all that we have to be thankful for. So, we’ve started a family gratitude tree that we’ll be adding to all month. You can see what the boys are thankful for so for, “toys” & “pizza”…haha. Looks like we have some work to do! 😉
I can’t wait to see what it looks like at the end of the month! And what I love about this project is that it’s not only incredibly meaningful, but it was SO easy to make! We used a few paper supplies and some of the Scotch® Expressions Tapes and Scotch® Create Adhesives for this project. I love keeping these products in my craft stash, as they are so versatile it’s easy to get creative with them. The Scotch® Expressions Glitter Tape is SO fun for adding a little sparkle – and who couldn’t use a little more sparkle?! I loved using this to create some glittery leaves. And the Scotch® Brand Adhesives are great when crafting, as they have all of the best sticky tools you need to be hands-on. So, here’s a look at what supplies we used for this project:
- Colored Card Stock (Autumn colors – browns, red, yellows, orange, etc)
- Brown craft paper
- Scotch® Create Double-sided Tape
- Scotch® Expressions Multi Glitter Tape
- Scotch® Expressions Red Glitter Tape
- Scotch® Create Mounting Squares
- Cut out a tree with brown crafting paper (as big as you’d like) and attach to the wall with some mounting squares (or some Scotch® Create Restickable Mini Squares)
- Then you’ll need to work on creating your leaves. Use a template or free-hand some leaf shapes. Cut out a number of them from the plain card stock.
- Next, create some glitter leaves. To do so, cover a sheet of card stock with the Scotch® Expressions Glitter Tape. I used two different colors. Then, cut leaves out of that glittery sheet.
- Start by adding the glittery leaves to the tree with the Scotch® Create Double-sided Tape. Then, have the other cut leaves on hand to add your messages to.
- Decide how/when you’ll add to the tree throughout the month. Use it as an opportunity for family time. You could even give out leaves on Thanksgiving day and let everyone add to the tree then as well!
I’m so looking forward to working on this throughout the month! It then becomes meaningful and perfectly themed decor for your Thanksgiving festivities, right? To make your own tree, you can pick up your supplies in the craft aisle at Walmart. We found a variety of the Scotch® products there! You could pick up your craft supplies at the same time you snag all your Thanksgiving dinner groceries!
For more hands-on, fun project ideas to make with Scotch® products, click over to the #HandsOnCrafty site here!