Happy New Year! It’s hard to believe that 2014 has come to a close and 2015 is already here! Every year, I love looking back at things here on the blog (you can take a look back at 2013, 2012, and 2011 here). This year was an exciting year for our family and here on the blog — we saw a big blog redesign early in the year and experienced the largest growth year ever for Mom Endeavors! So, thank YOU so very much! I appreciate every single one of you that come to my little slice of the internet to check in on what’s going on or get some creative inspiration.
It may come as no surprise that Disney’s FROZEN was THE biggest & most-trafficked topics of the year. In fact, as I was looking back over the statistics for 2014, I discovered that FROZEN-inspired posts account for 8 of the top 10 posts of the year!!! HA! So…here’s a look back on the “year of Disney’s Frozen” and the top read Mom Endeavors/ posts of 2014:
10. Hot Corn Dip! This dip is one of only two posts that were in the top 10 that weren’t Disney’s Frozen. And…it was by a VERY close margin. This post had only 1,000 more views than #10, which was the Frozen Pretend Snow Play post! 😉 So we were very close to having nine of the top ten be Frozen related!
9. DIY Kristoff Costume. I made this on a whim for Little Brother! He absolutely LOVED it…and it ended up being one of the top posts of 2014 thanks to everyone looking for fun FROZEN themed Halloween costumes!
8. Frozen Party Food. I had SO much fun coming up with food ideas for the boys’ Frozen birthday party! With the popularity of FROZEN parties this year, lots of people were searching for fun food ideas!
7. A Frozen Birthday Party, need I say more?! 😉 I think there were A LOT of little kids that had Frozen parties this year!! In fact, this party actually led me to TWO different LIVE TV gigs this year, showing different DIY Frozen Party tips (on Good Morning, Arizona and Sonoran Living Live).
6. DIY FROZEN Costumes. Frozen costumes were BIG this Halloween and SO many bloggers out there made adorable DIY Frozen costumes!
5. DIY Olaf T-Shirts. These Olaf shirts are definitely one of my favorite projects of the year! The boys wore these shirts for their Frozen birthday party (because at the time there still was NO Frozen clothes merchandise out there for boys).
4. Elsa’s Icy Blue Trifle. This little fun food idea just recently went sort of viral on Facebook (thanks to a post by Happy Hooligans with over 34,000 shares) and pushed it up into the top 5 for 2014!!!
3. Quick & Healthy One Pan Salmon. One of the first posts of 2014…and the only other non-Frozen post. This healthy dish is SO insanely easy to make and is a great healthy meal for fitting in with those New Year’s goals. That’s probably why to-date it’s been pinned over 210,000 times!! Wow! When I made this recipe and posted it to the blog, I NEVER expected it would do that well! Crazy!
2. 30+ Frozen Crafts & Fun Foods. I was a campaign manager for some different creative Disney FROZEN blog campaigns and SO much great ideas came from it. Lots of my creative blogger friends made adorable Frozen crafts & fun foods, so I decided to round them up in one post that ended up being very popular!
1. 20+ Frozen Printables. Oh my goodness, y’all…this post has been insanely popular with 3/4 of a MILLION views this year!!! WOW!!! When I put this little round-up together in March, I NEVER would have guessed that it would be the number 1 post of 2014…and actually the number 1 visited post of all-time on the blog! Crazy!!
So, it was definitely the year of Frozen! Crazy! I can’t wait to see what 2015 brings!!
Wishing you a VERY Happy New Year!!! And, I hope you’ll join us here on the blog in 2015! Thanks SO much for reading Mom Endeavors!