Celebrating friendship and beyond, Pixar Fest kicks off at Disneyland this week and it’s sure to be a fun time (I’m thrilled to be heading to the #PixarFest media event to bring you a live and more detailed look)! So with all that excitement, I’m sharing some Pixar Fest fun facts today along with an awesome prize pack giveaway for YOU to share in the fun!
(photo credit: Joshua Sudock/Disneyland Resort)
We are HUGE Disney-Pixar fans, loving movies like Toy Story, Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, Up, and The Incredibles. In fact, I’ve had the privilege of visiting Pixar Animation Studios (ßclick to read more) and the work they do is truly just incredible! So, we’re really excited about the additional incorporation of Pixar elements throughout all the parks. And all the Pixar fun begins with the first-ever Pixar Fest at the Disneyland Resort (April 13th – September 3rd)! Here’s some fun facts & info to know before you go:
Pixar Fest Fun Facts:
- This is the first-ever Pixar Fest, presenting some of the beloved stories from Pixar Animation Studios in new ways at both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Parks
- Pixar Fest is slated to run from April 13 – September 3, 2018.
- For the first time, “Pixar Play Parade” (which originally debuted in 2008 at California Adventure) will make its way through Disneyland Park, and it’s being led by someone new. The parade will begin just as all Pixar films have, with an appearance by the iconic and adorable Pixar Lamp and yellow Ball from the original Pixar short, “Luxo Jr.”
- New music accompanies the three new story elements in the parade. The Pixar Lamp and Ball roll down the parade route to a “Pixar Medley,” the “Inside Out” unit is accompanied by the “Main Theme” and “Bing Bong Song,” and the “Up” element brings guests a new rendition of “Spirit of Adventure.”
- Keep an eye out for Kevin, the friendly bird from “Up” who stands nearly 12 feet tall from her toes to the top of her feathers. The “Up” unit also features Carl Fredricksen and Dug, while Kevin (a puppet) romps through the parade with pal Russell riding on her back.
- From the tip-top of the balloons, the Fredricksen house from “Up” flies 17 feet above the parade route.
- Michael Curry, the award-winning production designer and co-designer of “The Lion King” masks and puppets for Broadway, created several of the puppets in “Pixar Play Parade,” including the nearly 12-foot tall bird, Kevin who appears with his friend Russell (“Up”); Marlin, Nemo, Dory, Crush and Squirt (“Finding Nemo”); Roz (“Monsters, Inc.”); Aliens, Tinker Toy and Slinky Dog (“Toy Story”); the Omnidroid unit (“The Incredibles”) and Heilmlich (“A Bug’s Life”).
- 120-plus performers and crew entertain guests as part of the “Pixar Play Parade”, along with 8 units that represent several of the DisneyPixar animated films.
- The longest float in the parade is “A Bug’s Life” at 45 feet.
- Buzz Lightyear, more than 300 green Space Aliens, 10-foot-tall “Coco” characters from the Land of the Dead and many more Pixar favorites star in the newest fireworks show, “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular.”
- “Together Forever” celebrates the everlasting bonds of friendship between guests, as well as the friendships of beloved Pixar characters from all 19 Disney•Pixar films.
- “Together Forever” opens with Buzz Lightyear, who flies 100 feet in the air above Sleeping Beauty Castle on a flight path that is 350 feet long.
- There are more than 900 separate fireworks effects, digitally controlled within 1/30 of a second.
- Guests can look out for the Pizza Planet truck in “Together Forever.” Seen in “Toy Story,” the Pizza Planet truck also appears as an Easter Eggs hidden in most Pixar films.
- For the first time, “Paint the Night” will make its way through Disney California Adventure Park with more than 1 million brilliant lights, high-energy music and cutting edge special effects featuring many beloved Disney and Pixar pals.
- Becoming even more super in June, “Paint the Night” adds a new float inspired by Disney∙Pixar’s “The Incredibles” and “Incredibles 2.”
- The 500 strobes used in the “Paint the Night” parade are a custom lighting product developed by Disney.
- “Paint the Night” requires more than 200 “universes of control” to operate everything from the video presentations on the floats to the lights on individual costumes.
- “Paint the Night” dining packages are available for guests at Carthay Circle Restaurant and Wine Country Trattoria. Guests who dine at these restaurants receive a voucher for entrance to one of the reserved areas designated for viewing “Paint the Night.”
- Beginning Memorial Day weekend, the pools of the Disneyland Resort hotels will host daily Pixar-themed pool parties. Guests will be fully immersed in the Pixar fun with special games, activities and an energetic playlist featuring upbeat Pixar music.
(photo credit: Joshua Sudock/Disneyland Resort)
So fun, right?! You can join in all the fun with me, by staying tuned to my Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook feeds and following the #PixarFest hashtag over the social media outlets! You can bet that I’ll be sharing TONS of pictures & video from all the amazing things going on!
*UPDATE* I’m back from Pixar Fest and now have a whole Pixar Fest guide for you full of details, tips, and fun photos. So be sure to check that out!!
Now, how about a fun giveaway to help you get get excited for the start of Pixar Fest?!?
Pixar Prize Pack Giveaway
Do you remember the fun “Gift of Disney” unboxing video & ideas we shared before the holidays? Well, my friend Allison at All for the Boys and I saved one of the boxes to give to YOU to celebrate the start of Pixar Fest and we’ve teamed up to bring you this fun giveaway!!! So, you have the chance to win that SUPER cute gift box, along with a $50 Disney gift card so you can be all kinds of Pixar Festive! 😉 OOoohhhhhh! Isn’t it all so cute?!?!? So, hurry and enter via the widget below before 4/26! Good Luck!!!!! a Rafflecopter giveaway