In keeping with the frugal family fun/staycation theme
this week, there’s a fun (free) event coming up for those Disney-Pixar Cars fans in Charlotte, Dallas, Phoenix, Las Vegas, San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco!
In case you didn’t know, CARS 2 races into theaters in Disney Digital 3D and IMAX 3D on June 24th. To celebrate, “Agents on a Mission”, a multi-city tour presented by State Farm, kicked off at the Mall of America on March 22nd. The tour runs through June and will hit the U.S. red-carpet premiere in Los Angeles!
Here’s some tour information:
“The ‘Agents on a Mission’ tour lets fans get face to face with ‘Cars’ favorites Lightning McQueen and Mater, plus the very cool, very savvy spy Finn McMissile, a new character on ‘Cars 2’ roster,” says MT Carney, president of marketing for The Walt Disney Studios. “This movie is filled with fun, action, heart and a lot of laughs—we want to get everyone geared up for ‘Cars 2.’”
State Farm brings Disney•Pixar’s “Cars 2” adventure directly to fans with the “Agents on a Mission” tour, showcasing cars modeled after their big-screen likenesses. The cars will be outfitted in Goodyear tires and transported from coast to coast (and back again) by Mack Trucks, Inc. Visitors can check out the cars and take part in a variety of “Cars 2”-themed activities, including a video kiosk, e-photo opportunities, games and giveaways. They can also enter the “Agents on a Mission” sweepstakes, which features 18,000 prizes, including a new car.
FUN FACTS ABOUT THE CARS FROM THE STATE FARM “AGENTS ON A MISSION” TOUR:
- The replica cars are the largest production radio-controlled replica cars ever built!
- Because of the unique scale of these vehicles, all the exterior pieces had to be fabricated from scratch. No actual “off- the-shelf” car parts could be used. The sculpting process for each vehicle’s body took 6-10 days, totaling 1000-1600 man hours. After the cars were carved in foam, a fiberglass mold was created, and from that the final bodies were produced.
- The cars are all electric powered. Each runs on four automotive-style batteries at 48 volts and can run for 30 minutes at full speed.
- The cars can travel up to 10 miles per hour.
- Lightning McQueen’s tires are one of a kind due to their unique size and were fabricated by Goodyear specifically for the “Agents on a Mission” tour.
Big Brother LOVES the movie Cars and we’ll definitely be enjoying the Phoenix tour stop in a few weeks. He will be SO excited to see the big versions of some of his favorite characters!! I can’t wait to see his reaction! Here’s the info on the Phoenix stop:
For information on the rest of the cities, visit: http://disney.go.com/cars/#/events.
Do YOU have a little “Cars” fan in YOUR house? Have you been to one of the tour events or are you planning on going?
oh my gosh, that is awesome. we will totally go! thanks so much for the info! Ann Marie
Urgh! I didn't notice Chicago in there… bummer. My daughters do like cars, A lot!
P.s. speaking of staycations I wrote a blog post anyway: http://babicmama.blogspot.com/2011/05/staycation-michiana.html
I reposted this on my facebook page, thanks so much!!!!!