After the “Big Announcement“, no post seemed an adequate follow-up, so we’re finally just diving in with a dessert recipe! Thanks so much for all your well-wishes, congratulations, and advice for managing being very pregnant in the summer! 🙂 Perhaps a cold dessert recipe like this will be a yummy treat then too!
So, without further ado….
Chocolate Pudding Oreo Pie!
This is so yummy and adapted from a recipe found in a little Jello cookbook (and it also happened to be on the back of the oreo pie crust lid). The beauty of this is that is not only SUPER easy to make, but perfect for letting the kiddos help too!
Here’s what you’ll need: – 2 small packages of instant chocolate pudding
– 2 1/2 C cold milk
– Oreo cookies (approx. 15)
– 1 can whipped cream
– Pour milk into a mixing container. Add dry pudding mixes and beat well with wire wisk (until powder is gone).
– Pour about half the chocolate pudding into the oreo pie crust.
– Top that layer of pudding with oreo cookies! You know, for extra yumminess! 🙂
– Mix the remainder of pudding with whipped cream. I didn’t measure the amount–just a few good sprays (enough the lighten the color of the pudding). *Note: the normal recipe calls for Cool Whip, but I don’t really like it, so I just used whipped cream instead!– Put this mixture on top of the oreo layer. Your pie will be rounded up a bit. Then, cover with whipped cream and you can stick a few oreos in if you’d like. Big Brother thought we needed 4–one for each of us! 🙂 – Refrigerate for a few hours so the pudding can really set! Then serve & enjoy! We had it for Mr. Mom Endeavor’s birthday! He loves pudding & I was craving oreos, so it was the perfect thing. Plus, the boys were so excited that they had helped make a special treat for Daddy! ENJOY!
*Linked to: Today’s Creative, I’m Lovin’ It, *Sundae Scoop
YUMMY – the boys do look happy, too. Love the photo of dad and boys with the tasty treat. (Adorable family.) Hugs…
What a yummy recipe and adorable helpers! Would love for you to stop by and share it at the Tuesday To Do Party this week!
This looks so yummy! I’m dieting, but I know you can keep the fat (and maybe a little sugar) by using fat free sugar free Jello pudding with skim milk. I don’t know if they make Lo-cal Oreos, but the do have the 100 calorie packs. Whipped cream has no sugar (pure whipped cream) or Cool Whip comes in fat free.
Oh my goodness – LOVE oreos and would love this!
Come share at my link party if you would! http://www.dwellonjoy.com/2012/01/dwell-on-fridays-two.html
I’d love to have you over!