Dazzle your family’s tastebuds with this delicious and easy-to-make BBQ Chicken Pizza. It’s the perfect recipe for your next pizza night! Ever craving those classic BBQ flavors, but don’t feel like grilling? Or it’s the middle of winter and it’s freezing and you just really want some reminder of glorious summer evenings spent at a fun backyard barbecue? Have some leftover rotisserie or baked chicken that you can’t decide how to use up?Or maybe you just want to up your pizza game and change up the flavors of family pizza night? No matter the situation, making this BBQ chicken pizza is a very tasty solution!
Homemade BBQ Pizza Ingredients
I mean, doesn’t that pizza look divine?! It’s bursting with delicious BBQ chicken and bacon flavors thanks to the key ingredient – KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce! And I love that you get such amazing flavor in this pizza with just a few ingredients! Along with the barbecue sauce, you’ll top your pizza with cooked chicken, cooked bacon, thinly sliced red onion, and a hearty helping of mozzarella & parmesan cheeses! That’s it and the results are SO good!
How to make BBQ Chicken Pizza
The beauty of homemade pizza recipes is that there are generally super easy to make! This BBQ chicken pizza is no different – plus it’s one that can be used the whole year! After all, who says barbecue can only be enjoyed during the summer grilling season?! With this tasty pizza, you have all those delicious barbecue flavors conveniently cooked indoors. And, it’s also a GREAT way to spruce up your chicken leftovers!
- You’ll start by prepping the pizza dough. Use your favorite homemade recipe or store-bought dough. I prefer to put the dough in a large cookie sheet pan instead of rolling out into a circle just for ease, but you can do whichever method you prefer!
- Once your dough is rolled out on your pan of choice, poke the dough with a fork and brush with 1 Tablespoon melted butter. You’ll bake that in the oven for about 7 minutes. While that bakes, prep your ingredients. Cook bacon if needed (though you could use any bacon bits or pre-cooked bacon you might have on hand), chop the cooked chicken if it’s not already, and thinly slice your red onion.
- Once you remove the pan from the oven, spread about a cup of the KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce over the crust. Top sauce with mozzarella cheese, chicken, bacon, and onion.
- Then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of BBQ sauce! YUM!
After baking the pizza another 7 minutes or so, you’ll have a delicious end result bursting with barbecue flavors! I mean just look at that …drool! It’s SUPER delish without taking a bunch of time to make – definitely worthy of pizza night! I bet family and friends won’t be able to resist a bite of this!
Easy BBQ Chicken Bacon Pizza Recipe
BBQ Chicken Bacon Pizza
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust or homemade dough recipe
- KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce
- 1 TBSP butter melted
- 1 C cooked chicken chopped
- 6 slices bacon chopped (approx 3/4 C)
- 2 C mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 C parmesan cheese
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- *Optional: Parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425
- Unroll dough onto a greased baking pan. Spread out to fit pan and poke fork throughout the dough. Brush with melted butter and bake for 7-8 minutes.
- While dough bakes, prepare toppings (cook/chop bacon, chop cooked chicken, slice onion).
- Remove pizza crust from oven, spread a thin layer of barbecue sauce evenly over the warm crust.
- Top with mozzarella cheese. Add chicken, bacon, and onion on top of cheese.
- Drizzle a bit more barbecue sauce over the pizza and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake 7-10 more minutes, until cheese is melted and crust turns golden brown.
- Remove from oven and garnish with parsley if desired.
- Slice and enjoy!
So, be sure to pick up the ingredients on your next grocery trip to create your own delicious barbecue pizza! And for more tasty BBQ ideas, visit KCMasterpiece.com!
Like it? Pin it!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece. The opinions and text are all mine.
I thought it was a little heavy on the BBQ sauce, but my husband said it was perfect. I think next time I will do a little less. Other than that, SUPER easy recipe, the crust was nice and crispy, and I added some red pepper flakes. Loved the bacon.