I’m so excited to share this delicious baked apple cinnamon french toast recipe with you today as part of a sponsored campaign with Bays English Muffins! Need a delicious brunch recipe? Or maybe something special for the perfect Christmas morning breakfast? This apple cinnamon french toast bake is a fantastic choice! As a bonus, the house smells SO good while this is cooking! YUMMMMmmmmmmmmmm!!!!
Apple Cinnamon French Toast Bake
Now, here’s a little secret: I don’t even really like french toast. It’s true. I’ve never really been a fan. But, I am a fan of English muffins and especially Bays English Muffins. So when I was approached to make a recipe with these tasty muffins and saw some different recipes for french toast made with Bays English Muffins, I thought it would be worth trying…and I was right! The whole family loved this dish (even me!!!)- like absolutely LOVED it!!! You guys, this apple cinnamon french toast is SOOOO good! You’ve gotta try it! I think the English muffins make all the difference. Bays really does elevate any meal, even taking french toast to a whole new level this delicious recipe!
Bays English Muffin French Toast
So, obviously the first key ingredient is the Bays English Muffins (found in the dairy case, carefully chilled for freshness). Then you’ll use some standard french toast ingredients, along with a delicious mix of apple, cinnamon, and brown sugar to create this delicious apple cinnamon french toast bake.
You’ll halve and split the muffins (laid out in a pan) and soak the muffins in the custard mix. Then, cook the apples (like a simpler version of skillet fried apples), arrange the muffins in a skillet (sort of like a flower petals look), and bake! That’s really all there is to it! It does take a little bit of time (mainly just to let the muffins soak), but it’s so worth it and really very easy to make. The result looks rather decadent (especially if you dust it in a little powdered sugar), making this french toast bake perfect for a brunch or holiday occasion. With the apple cinnamon flavors, I think it’s especially perfect throughout the fall and over the holidays! So good! The whole recipe reminds me of a fabulous combination of apple pie, cinnamon rolls, and french toast! So, if you’re looking for a tasty new breakfast recipe for your family (or a special fall brunch, holiday breakfast, etc.), this french toast recipe from Bays English Muffins is definitely worth trying! Definitely a tasty bite!
Apple Cinnamon French Toast Recipe
Baked Apple Cinnamon French Toast Recipe
- 6 BAYS English Muffins halved and split
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large Gala apple cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup heated and garnished with a cinnamon stick
- Powdered sugar optional
- Place muffin pieces, cut sides up, in a 9×13 baking dish. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, half-and-half, milk, brown sugar, orange zest, cinnamon, vanilla extract and salt in a bowl. Mix well (using a whisk or beaters) until thoroughly combined. Pour mixture over muffins in baking dish. Lightly press down on muffins with a spoon to help saturate with liquid. Let soak, refrigerated, at least 1 hour.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a 12-inch oven-safe skillet (such as stainless steel or a well-seasoned cast iron pan).
- Sauté apple chunks for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cinnamon, brown sugar and salt. Cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer soaked muffin pieces to the pan with the apple mixture, arranging them in a spiral pattern with the flat cut edges down and the curved edges out. The pattern will resemble flower petals.
- Pour the remaining custard over the muffin pieces.
- When ready to finish the French toast, preheat oven to 425°F.
- Bake for 25 minutes, brushing with 2 tablespoons melted butter during last 5 minutes of baking. Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.
- Lightly dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Serve with warm maple syrup.
Yum!!! So be sure to pin this recipe to save it and make a plan to go pick up the ingredients on your next grocery store run! Look for the Bays in the Dairy case and stock up!The muffins freeze very well! I love having them on hand because Bays English Muffins are delicious at any time of day! For more delicious recipe ideas with your favorite English muffins, be sure to visit Bays.com and check them out on Facebook!
Like it? Pin it!