(Note: This post is paid for by Target. Prizes provided by Target.) We love to travel, but since having the boys traveling is definitely a bit more involved. Babies (and kids in general) definitely require a lot more packing prep to get ready. For some, the thought of traveling with kids is completely overwhelming. But, I promise you that it can be a good experience! Since having Big Brother just over 6 years ago, we’ve flown with at least one baby or kiddo in tow at least 10 times. Plus, we’ve done countless car trips!
I really think that a major part of having a positive travel experience with babies and kids is being prepared with the “baby travel gear” you’re bringing. Obviously, if you’re traveling by car (or will be in a car upon arrival), you’ll need a car seat. And, depending on your adventures, a stroller might be an obvious choice. But, there are additional items that can make a world of difference in your travel experience. So, here are a few of our baby travel item suggestions that you can pick up at Target for your next trip:
- Fold & Go Travel Bassinet. Baby needs somewhere to sleep wherever you’re headed. So, if the place you’re staying doesn’t have a good option already there, then a travel bassinet is the way to go. SO much easier (and smaller) than a pack ‘n play!!
- Car Seat Travel Bag. We’ve been very lucky to have never needed to fly with a car seat. But, for those of my friends that have traveled with car seats, many have said how much nicer it is to have a car seat travel bag! The same goes for nicer strollers too!
- ergobaby carrier. I absolutely swear by baby wearing for traveling. It makes navigating airports, going through security, carrying luggage, etc. so much easier when you’re hands are free!! Not to mention, baby is safely contained right on your person! Of all the carriers I’ve tried the ergobaby is my favorite! I don’t travel with little ones without it!
- A good diaper bag! This might be obvious, but not all diaper bags are created equal. For family travel (especially when flying), I like backpacks or messenger style bags that mom or dad are willing to carry. Plus, I like having a lot of external pockets, making it really easy to access things on the airplane. One favorite that we’ve tried is the Diaper Dude Messenger Bags! (You can even read my review here —> Diaper Dude Review)
- “Mommy hook”. A large hook that can clip on to strollers, diaper bags, or luggage can certainly come in very handy when on the go with little ones! We have a few of these types of hooks and love them!
- Clip on toys.Toys that can clip on to strollers, car seats, bags, etc. are perfect for traveling. Something simple to keep baby entertained is a must and I love having something that I can clip on to things to help prevent toys being thrown!
- LOTS of wipes! Don’t skimp on the wipes when traveling. In addition to the necessary diaper changes (don’t skimp on the diapers either), you never know if you’ll need wipes for spills, someone getting sick, wiping down sticky fingers or germy surfaces, yucky noses, or any number of other things!
- LOTS of snacks! Snacks are great for keeping little ones occupied (and quiet)! Here are a few top picks for babies:
Just use the Rafflecopter form below to enter (US Residents 18+ only, allow 6-8 weeks for delivery).
What are some of your must-have baby travel products?!