Have you heard of a progressive dinner party? The whole concept is basically where a group of friends get together and then one creates an appetizer, the next creates a main dish, etc. Then, the group goes from house to house to eat the different courses/dishes. Typically this is done in separate homes but today we’re doing it online, featuring La Romanella products from Smart & Final. When I was asked to create an appetizer for our party, I knew I wanted to make something with the La Romanella marinated artichokes! They’re SO good! I already have a super delicious recipe on the blog for spinach & artichoke dip using the marinated artichokes. So, I decided to make an artichoke bruschetta.
I headed out to Smart & Final to get the supplies ( you can see that shopping trip on Google+, here) . I’ve already professed my love for the marinated artichokes, but I also love buying the La Romanella shredded Parmesan cheese in bulk there. It comes in a 2-pound package that I just like to keep in the freezer & use some as I need! It’s great! All the products made for a super delicious bruschetta!
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced (about 1 C)
- 1.5C chopped marinated artichokes (about half the 32oz. jar)
- 2 Tbsp diced sweet yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 C shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 baguette loaf
- Chop/dice all vegetables and cut the baguette into 1/2 to 3/4-inch slices. Then, preheat oven to broil.
- In a medium bowl, combine chopped artichokes, tomatoes, onions, basil, minced garlic, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil. Decide on how much onion, basil, & garlic you’d like based on your own personal tastes–a little more or a little less would all still be fine!
- Arrange the baguette slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Then, broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly brown. Do NOT step away from the oven during this step. Watch them really closely to avoid burning. In fact, I usually just stand there with the oven cracked watching it!
- Flip the toasted baguette slices over. Divide the vegetable & Parmesan mixture evenly over the non-toasted side of baguette slices.
- Broil for 2-5 minutes, or until the cheese starts melting.
- Serve warm & enjoy!
Yum! This was so delish– the perfect appetizer (or even a nice, light lunch). Now, go check out all the other delicious dishes in our online progressive dinner party! I think everyone will be well-fed! 😉
Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Smart & Final #CBias #SocialFabric #ChooseSmart. As always, all opinions, experiences, and photographs are my own.Pin It