We’re sharing a delicious fall recipe with our apple cider syrup today as part of a shop that has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SKSHarvest #SeasonalSolutions #CollectiveBias
While “pumpkin spice” everything is seemingly everywhere right now, we can’t forget apples as a classically fall food! Apple picking in the fall is such a great family activity. And then there’s apple pie, homemade applesauce, fried apples, baked apples, and of course, apple cider! YUM! So, you’ll definitely want to try this delicious apple cider syrup recipe & bottle it up in SKS Clear Glass Beverage Bottles w/ White Metal Plastisol Lined Lug Caps to store (or to bottle up for fall gifts). You can actually hover right over the photo below to click through to SKS-Bottle.com and purchase what you need! I love the look of the tall beverage bottles come with the white metal lug caps. They really are great for syrups, dressings, drinks and more – and perfect for gifts!
We have a bottle sitting in our fridge right now because everything about this syrup is perfect for fall! The delicious smells that fill the air as you make this syrup is SO good – just like apple pie! And even more importantly, it tastes SO good! My boys go absolutely crazy for it! I mean, who doesn’t like pancakes or waffles that taste like apple pie?! Yum! Pour this easy syrup over some pumpkin oatmeal pancakes and you can combine two favorite fall flavors! Mmmmm! Now I’m craving pancakes again! Thankfully, the syrup is super easy to make (and it’s easy to make extra to give some as gifts – would be great for holiday hostess gifts). So, here’s the easy recipe:
- 4 C apple cider (or apple juice)
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp butter
- In a medium saucepan, stir together sugars, cornstarch and spices.
- Add in apple cider and lemon juice, then stir until well-combined.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat slightly to medium low and allow to simmer for approximately 20-30 minutes (until thickened slightly), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted throughout.
- Allow to cool slightly and transfer to bottles.
- Store in the refrigerator.
* the melted butter in the syrup with solidify some in the fridge. So, to serve, just remove the cap from the bottle and reheat the syrup in the microwave for about 20 seconds to a minute to melt that butter again and warm the syrup!
YUM! So, plan to make some delicious syrup for the fall season and buy some SKS Clear Glass Beverage Bottles to store the syrup in and give as gifts this fall! You can order online, which makes it super easy!