Living in Phoenix, our summers are HOT! That means our time outside and our summer celebrations (like 4th of July) typically MUST involve pool time and some cool treats! For 4th of July, our family almost always makes some fun patriotic treats and it often revolves around an ice cream treat. So, I’m happy to partner with Dreyer’s® on the #FrozenCustardTime sponsored campaign, by making a 4th of July recipe with their new frozen custard. With Dreyer’s® new Frozen Custard flavors (Old Fashioned Vanilla, Chocolate Malt, Salted Caramel Pretzel, Snickerdoodle, Peanut Butter Pie, Mint Cookies ‘N Cream), you can make something delicious with ice cream’s creamier cousin. All the custard flavors sound SO good to me, but I thought an “old-fashioned” variety seemed perfect for the 4th of July! Chocolate malts and milkshakes served up at the soda fountain just seem so nostalgic – a truly old-fashioned, All-American treat! So, for your 4th of July celebrations, why not serve up some delicious chocolate malt milkshakes with a patriotic flair?! The kids will love them and adults will love the childhood nostalgia they bring! Here’s the easy recipe:
- 2 C Dreyer’s/EDY’S® Chocolate Malt Frozen Custard
- ½ C - ⅔ C milk (for desired thickness)
- ½ C chocolate malted milk balls, finely ground
- *optional - 2 T chocolate syrup
- In a high powered blender, grind the malted milk balls until no large chunks remain. Then add frozen custard and milk (and chocolate syrup for added chocolate flavor if desired). Blend until you have a smooth, creamy shake.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with whipped cream, maraschino cherry, and patriotic sprinkles. Enjoy!
YUM! SO good and so perfect for your 4th of July celebrations (or really any summer gatherings)!! You can find the Dreyer’s/EDY’S® Frozen Custard in the freezer aisle of many local grocery chains throughout the country (use use the store locator for your area).
DO YOU have a great 4th of July recipe idea that you could use Dreyer’s/EDY’S Frozen Custard with? Share that recipe idea in the comments below for a chance to win a fun Dreyer’s/EDY’S® gift pack. The gift pack will contain coupons to redeem for free Dreyer’s/EDY’S® Frozen Custard, ice cream scoops, bowls and spoons – everything you need for your own Frozen Custard party! a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure:This blog post is sponsored by Dreyer’s/EDY’S® Frozen Custard and SocialMoms. The recipe, photographs, opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.