It’s Football Friday here on the blog! We kicked things off last week with a tasty hot corn dip & some other fun football ideas! And, this week we’re all about delicious tailgating recipes! My share are these delicious slow cooker apricot bbq chicken wings! Super easy to make and tasty!
These wings could NOT be easier to make and they’re totally kid friendly too! One of our boys LOVES chicken wings, but can’t do them too spicy. So, I set out to make something a little sweeter like honey BBQ, only in this case we went for apricot BBQ. And, they are SO good! Making them in the crock pot is perfect for not having to spend loads of time in the kitchen on game days. Plus, the meat is so tender!
- 4 pounds chicken wing drumettes, frozen
- 1 18oz bottle BBQ sauce (or approx 2 cups)
- 1 C apricot preserves
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 TBS garlic powder
- 2 T worcestershire sauce
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the sauces & spices. Remove about ½ cup of the mixture and refrigerate for later!
- Add the chicken wings to a large slow cooker, then cover with the sauce mixture. Stir until wings are well-coated. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Once done, set oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Remove wings from slow cooker and place on the lined baking sheet. Drizzle with some of the slow cooker sauce if desired. Broil for approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, flip wings, and brush wings with the remaining sauce mixture that you saved out.
- Return to oven and broil for an additional 3-5 minutes, until sauce starts to caramelize.
- Remove from oven and serve!
Yum!! They are finger-licking good! Now, how about 11 more finger foods perfect for your tailgating and “homegating” football watch parties?! It’s the 12 of the month, so that means it’s time for another #12bloggers post! 12 themes, 12 bloggers’ recipes with 12 ingredients or less, posted on the 12th of the month! We’ve already shared some great themes like quick & healthy meals, fresh fruit desserts, cookout favorites, food in jars, and after school snacks! Now we’re sharing a bunch of great tailgating as we head into football season! Enjoy!!
- Buffalo Chicken Twice Baked Potatoes from A Night Owl Blog
- BLT Dip from BetsyLife
- Artichoke Bacon Pinwheels from Home Cooking Memories
- Chicken Parmesan Bites from A Little Claireification
- Deviled Eggs from The Rebel Chick
- Ten Minute Mozzarella Sticks from Million Moments
- Avocado Bruschetta from Bless This Mess Please
- Bacon Ranch Cream Cheese Roll-Ups from Stephie Cooks
- Tailgating Texas Caviar from See Vanessa Craft
- Margarita Lime Baked Chicken Wings from Around My Family Table
- End Zone Cheese Dip from Plugged In Family
Stay tuned for the 12th of October when we’ll all be back with another fun themed recipe day!
What’s your favorite football food?