Want a twist on the traditional summer s’mores? Last year we concocted a brownie s’mores trifle dessert. And, this summer I’m sharing these s’mores trifle jars as an awesome option. It’s a great dessert for all kinds of occasions and a tasty way to have s’mores flavors even when no campfire is available! Not only are these little s’more jars delicious, they look so pretty (and save your fingers from the gooey, sticky mess of traditional s’mores). There are so many great s’mores flavors here including Silky Smooth DOVE Dark Chocolate, Keebler Grahams Honey Crackers, and marshmallows of course! I LOVE dark chocolate and the rich flavor of the DOVE Dark Chocolate really helps with the flavor. The toasted marshmallows are another ingredient that absolutely makes the flavor of these little s’mores jars! Other than just a little mixing, chopping, and toasting, there is not too much prep for this recipe. Really, these little trifle jars come together in just a few minutes and they’d look so adorable at a backyard BBQ! Here’s the simple recipe:
- 3.9 oz box of instant chocolate pudding
- 4-6 whole Keebler Graham Crackers
- 6-10 individually wrapped Dove Dark Chocolate Promises
- ½ tub Cool Whip
- ½ small jar of Marshmallow Creme
- ½ C mini marshmallows
- 6 small Mason Jars
- Start by prepping the ingredients - mix up the instant chocolate pudding, finely chop up the Dove Dark Chocolate, and break up the graham crackers into pieces (as small or large as you'd like). Then, in a small bowl, combine the whipped topping & the marshmallow creme. It will probably be a little lumpy and that’s totally ok.
- Once those things are prepped, start filling your jars by putting a ½ -1 inch layer of the broken graham crackers.
- On top of the graham crackers, add about 1 Tablespoon of the chocolate pudding & sprinkle with a bit of the dark chocolate pieces.
- Then, add about 1 Tablespoon of the whipped marshmallow topping mixture. Repeat the layers, finally topping the jar with *toasted marshmallows and another sprinkle of the finely chopped chocolate.
*For “s’more” delicious recipes, be sure to check out this post —> 35+ Amazing S’more Recipes!
Disclaimer: Compensation was provided by DOVE® Dark Chocolate via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Dove or Momtrends. For more delicious ideas, be sure to follow Dove on facebook and or twitter!