For Halloween decor, I’ve mentioned before that I have a thing for “spooky” creatures like spiders and bats! And, I have a great little Martha Stewart spider stencil that I knew would be great for a Halloween project. The issue was just deciding what to put it on. But, then, on a trip to Cost Plus World Market, I found some silver chargers that I knew would work great for Halloween decor. At only $2.99, they’re perfect for all kinds of little DIY decorating projects! The process & supplies could not be simpler. Once you have the chargers (or any other trays, plates, etc. that you’d like to use), all you need is some black acrylic paint, a spider stencil, and a paint brush or foam pouncer. With the stenciling, you could go simple or completely covered, in a pattern or completely random. I think I did a little of both! Once the paint is dry, then just decide how you’d like to use the chargers to decorate. They work great as display trays for creepy items (like skulls or perhaps some large spiders) or candles. Or, you can just prop them up as sort of like spider artwork! Here’s how I used mine: All the glassware is from World Market also! They had so many great Halloween & fall related items! Like the pumpkin dishes–how cute are they?! I had such a hard time deciding on what to get as there is always so much fantastic stuff to choose from! Ultimately though, I decided on the apothecary jars, cute pumpkin dishes, and a large vase–all the glassware you see in the “mantle” shot. I’ve been wanting some apothecary jars for such a long time and just loved these! They are going to be perfect for all kinds of upcoming holiday decorating! If you enjoy all this World Market stuff as much as I do then you might want to check out the fun World Market HGTV Passport to Style Sweepstakes going on right now!!
- Grand Prize package includes a $10,000 World Market shopping spree and design consultation with an HGTV Designer
- 3 runner up prize winners will each receive a $1,000 World Market gift card!
- The HGTV Sweepstakes runs from September 22, 2012 until October 26, 2012.
- If you share the sweepstakes with 5 of your friends (via FB share or email) you can receive 5 additional bonus entries. This is part of the registration process when entering. Users can also enter daily for more chances to win.
- Enter online at worldmarketsweepstakes.com or on facebook.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored as part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™. However, as always, all opinions and experiences are entirely my own.