Spider Web Snacks

**Thank you for visiting! These spider web snacks are one of the most popular posts here on Mom Endeavors and have been featured in Parenting Magazine along with many other websites.  If you’re visiting this post from a Facebook feature of these spider web snacks, please leave a comment & let me know where you saw the post! I’d love to know who to thank! And, if you’re interested in more fun spider ideas, you can check out the the spooky spi­der wreath (which is SO easy to make), spi­der dis­play trays, spi­der cheese­ball, or our giant lawn spi­der!** Now…on to these delicious edible spider web snacks… Yesterday, we made our last fun Halloween treat of the season. Who knew eating spider webs could be so yummy?! These spider web pretzel snacks are easy, inexpensive, and cute! They’re perfect for a Halloween party and just the right mix of spooky but fun for kids. For adding stability, you can even consider making them spider web “pops” like I did with these Amazing Spider-man pretzel treats!

Spider Web Pretzel Snacks

- pretzel sticks
- white chocolate/bark candy coating (I used white candy coating)
- milk chocolate (baker’s, candy coating, or chips would probably all work)
- raisins
- baggie or pastry bag
- wax paper

Lay out your pretzels on the wax paper in “starburst” arrangements of 6 or 8 pretzels (it’s a good idea to put it on a cookie sheet for transport stability).

After melting your white chocolate/bark coating, place in a baggie and cut the corner off (or use a pastry bag).  Start piping your chocolate in the middle of the pretzel arrangement, making sure to coat all the pretzels.
Continue piping outward around the pretzels, until you have a web.  Then, place two raisins in the middle for the body of the spider.
Melt your regular chocolate and pipe over the raisins.  I found that the spiders turned out better when I piped the legs of the spider first and then did the body.  Place in the fridge for a few minutes until the chocolate is hard.  Then, gently peel back the wax paper….and eat!
Edible Spider Web SnacksYou could do a fun spider-themed day and make a simple spider craft too!

Happy Halloween!

Linked to: *The Idea Room, *Wickedly Creative Halloween Party, *Get Your Craft On, *Craft-O-Maniac, *Weekend WrapUp, *Eighteen25 Halloween Party, *Halloween Traditions

Pin It

1. Maggie @ Black and White {Side by Side} says

YUM! I found your post on Tatertots & Jello. I love chocolate & pretzels together… and these are so darn cute! I'm featuring them on my blog this afternoon :)

2. says

Are you aware the I am addicted to pretzels and chocolate? My kids will be making these as soon as I can get some more pretzels…this weekend. I can almost taste them now! Thanks for linking up to Theme Party Thursday!

3. says

What a great idea!!! I am pinning this right now so I can do this with my kiddos…they are going to think I’m so cool (but I’ll be sure to give you the credit!) Thanks so much for sharing!!
    Oh…and I found you from Tip Junkie today :)

4. says

Hi there! Hope you are doing well! These are so cute! My boys and I will be making them. It will be so much fun (and delicious)! I’m also going to feature theme on my site tomorrow! I hope you’ll stop by. Will I see you again at SNAP?
    Scissors & Spatulas

5. says

These are so creative and awesome!! I’m including this in a mega Halloween Treats round up post on my blog this month : )
    Jaimee @ craft-interrupted.blogspot.com

6. Lauren says

Love this! I’m in charge of a Halloween craft project for my kindergartners’ classroom, and I think this might be the one. Any idea how I can print it? Tried Print Friendly, but that didn’t work. (Love your blog…just subscribed via Google Reader!)

7. says

I am in love with your spider web snack. So cute and clever! I can’t wait to make these with my little ones this Halloween Season. Thanks for sharing and I am excited to have found your website.

8. Lauren Bayles says

I’m hoping to make these with a group of kindergarteners at my kids’ school on the 31st. Wondering how hot the pastry bag/baggie gets with melted white chocolate in it…too hot for little hands? Also, how quickly does the chocolate set? Wondering if the kids will work quickly enough so it doesn’t harden before they can complete their webs. Thanks for any advice you can offer. LB

9. Destiny says

Saw these on Facebook and I cannot wait to make them!!! A friend is having a pumpkin carving party next weekend and I plan to make these for everyone. Thanks for sharing!

10. Momof3 says

“Buddy the Elf” posted these on Facebook. It was on my timeline today. Some suggested making snowflakes in the same fashion. Love it!

11. Missy says

I found your cute pretzel spider web idea on the “Bottled-up Design” facebook page. Thanks for sharing your clever ideas!

12. Liz says

So, I made these and got rave reviews, but the ones I made broke apart very easily – especially the webs. Do you have any tips or tricks on making thicker, stronger webs with the white chocolate?

• Sara @MomEndeavors says

Hi Liz! Glad you made them and people enjoyed! They certainly can be fragile, especially once people start eating them. But, I’ve had fairly good luck with them holding together fairly well. First up, I think the white candy melt works better than true white chocolate. If the melted chocolate/candy is a little less runny when you pipe, you can usually get thicker lines. And, I definitely recommend putting them in the fridge or freezer to help them set. With all that said though, they still might get a little messy once you take a few bites. :)

13. Sapphirine says

I made these for a children’s halloween party today, taste tested them and they are great. So fun and easy, I love it!

14. kristi says

this was one of those projects that looked so great online but then making them.. not the same. the project was relatively easy to do. the spiders were the most difficult. But then getting them off the wax paper.. impossible. even after putting them in the refrigerator for hours.
    the candy coating was just too fragile & broke. so much for the Pre-school Halloween snack.. on to the next one..

1. […] glue a Q-tip skeleton Busy Bee Kids Crafts 11. Get cooking together with Halloween pretzel snacks Mom Endeavors 12. Handprint Cats Easy Preschool Crafts 13. Do The Skeleton Dance Super Simple Songs 14. S is […]