I’m sharing one of our favorite summer recipes with you today! Vinegar cucumber salad couldn’t be easier to make and it is the perfect summer side dish! My husband grew up on this “salad” in the Midwest, so he’s thrilled anytime I make this!Super yum! Even if you don’t like onion (I don’t), continue on because the cucumbers really are delicious! These vinegar cucumbers make an awesome side for any summer BBQs or potlucks!
- 3-4 large cucumbers
- 1/3 – 1/2 large sweet onion (depending on how much you like onion)
- 1.5 C vinegar (I prefer Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar for this recipe)
- 2.5 C water
- salt & pepper to taste
- Peel and slice cucumber. Slice onion. You want everything thin enough that you don’t have giant chunks, but not so thin that everything just falls apart. *Note – even if you do NOT like onion, do NOT omit. My husband loves the onion in this, I do not. But, I tried making this recipe without the onion and the flavor was all off. So, if you don’t like onion, just don’t eat any of them when you dish it up! 😉
- Dump the cucumber and onion into a large serving dish. Add vinegar and water–enough to cover the vegetables. As long as you keep the vinegar & water ratios about 1 part to 2 parts, you should be good!
- Season with salt & pepper to taste (I don’t add much).
- Cover and refrigerate. If you can make it overnight, that’s best. They are SO good after they’ve been sitting for at least 12 hours. 24 is even better!!
We love these! Easy to make, low in calories, and perfect for summer! A total win! But, if cucumbers aren’t you’re thing, another favorite side dish (that also uses vinegar) is this marinated vegetable salad! It’s sooooo good! And for even more recipes using apple cider vinegar, check out the Heinz Vinegar website or Pinterest page!
What are YOUR favorite recipes that use vinegar?
Disclosure: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Heinz Vinegar. I received a product sample to facilitate my review and as a thank you for participating.Pin It