If you like Philly Cheesesteaks, you’ll love this easy-to-make Philly Cheesesteak Dip!
As big college football fans, Saturdays in the fall involve watching games and some good football food! Philly Cheesesteaks of course make a GREAT option. But sometimes I like switching things up. We made a Philly Cheesesteak Pizza and that was DELISH! So, I thought we’d try a Philly Cheesesteak Dip too – and YUM!! Really, dips are often at the top of our list for football Saturdays (in fact, here’s a list of our top 20 favorite dip recipes here). They’re usually VERY easy to make and an easy crowd pleaser when hosting. So good! To keep things easy, we just use deli cut roast beef in this recipe. Super quick and still tastes great! This dip recipe involves just a little more work than some others, but it’s still pretty easy. You’ll just cook up the main philly cheesesteak ingredients, add in a bunch of cheese, and bake ’til melty & bubbly! Here’s the easy recipe:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ white onion, diced
- ½ green pepper, diced
- 8 mushrooms, diced
- 4 -8 oz thinly sliced roast beef, cut into small pieces
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, cubed
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 slices provolone cheese, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- pretzels, crackers, or baguette/french bread slices for serving
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat oil on medium heat in a large skillet, add onion, pepper, mushrooms. Begin cooking, then add beef. Cook until onions are translucent and vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Remove from heat.
- Add in cream cheese, sour cream and provolone cheese and stir until mostly melted (if necessary, return to medium low heat while stirring).
- Spoon mixture into a small baking dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with pretzels, crackers, or bread slices.
Delicious and definitely perfect for football watching! So, be sure to pin this for later and make this for your next tailgate or football party! Pin It