This is my first time being over at Mom Endeavors and I have to say I am pretty excited to be participating in the Cornucopia of Creativity Series. I am Cassie from Crazy & Cool with a side of Crafty. It is the place that I go to when I want to share about my family, my crafts, my cooking (sometimes not all that great), and really just about everyday life for me. I am working on some Holiday crafts so make sure you stop on by and say hi!
My daughter and I would like to share with you this fun little kid craft for your Thanksgiving table. Each year my mom hosts Thanksgiving while I try to have the girls create something for the table. This year my youngest and I made Turkey Place Card Holders.
- 2’ dark brown pom poms
- 1” light brown pom poms
- 7mm wiggle eyes
- orange felt (scrap pieces are perfect)
- fancy feathers pack in yellow, orange, and red
- glue gun (with low heat setting)
- low heat glue sticks
- Heat your low temp glue gun up. My glue gun has a low temp or cold glue setting that I use when my girls are going to be crafting with me.
- After opening your supplies, apply some glue to the dark brown pom pom then place the light brown on top.
- Making two small dots with glue on the light brown pom pom, add the wiggle eyes.
- Using your scrap orange felt cut out small triangle and glue on the light brown pom pom.
- Pick out three feathers (one of each color) and put a small line of glue on the back of the dark brown pom pom for each one.
- Make your name cards (I just used scrap paper and a sharpie).
- Set the place card on top of your turkey then place at each setting on Thanksgiving. If your family is not a sit down Thanksgiving family, just place the turkeys through out the rooms our guest use for decoration.
Thank you for letting me be here and sharing our Thanksgiving Kid Craft with you! Would love to have you stop by to check out some of my other fall projects:
For more Thanksgiving ideas as part of our Cornucopia of Creativity Series on Mom Endeavors, click the button below: