– 1 box white cake mix
– 1 box (small) strawberry jello
– 1 C chopped strawberries (can us frozen or fresh)
– 1/2 oil (I use 1/4 oil, 1/4 applesauce)
– 1/4 water
– 4 eggs
– 1/2 C butter
– 1 8oz. block of cream cheese-
– 1/2 C strawberries
– 4 C powdered sugar
– mix cake mix and jello (dry)
– add all wet ingredients and mix until combined
– poor into heart-shaped pans and bake at 325 for 40-45 mins. Let cool completely before frosting!
– frost your cake & garnish with fresh strawberries if desired. Don’t put the strawberries on until you plan on serving–if you put them on too far in advance (day/night before, they will start getting runny).
I love this cake! This was my daughter's birthday cake last year… I made it as a round double-layer cake. I'm going to have to try it with the strawberry cake mix the next time. You can't have too much strawberry in our family!