Mmm….these baked donuts with fresh strawberry glaze are sure to be a hit for a fun breakfast treat or even a little desert! Kids will love a fun tasty treat and parents will love that these are healthier than their fried, store-bought friends. You even get a little fresh fruit in there with the glaze! YUM!!! The process to make these is really pretty easy, you just need a fun donut pan. We love Wilton products, so here’s Wilton’s mini donut pan on Amazon (affiliate link). Just whip up a quick batter and fill your donut pans. If you want, you could even make a big batch of donuts to freeze. Then you can glaze when you’re ready to eat them! It’s a fun recipe that kids could help with too! Here’s the recipe:
Strawberry Glazed Baked Donuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 4 strawberries
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 1-2 cups confectioners’ sugar sifted
- For donuts: Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray donut pan with non-stick spray. Set aside. In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, and baking powder. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, milk, egg, vanilla and melted butter. Slowly mix wet ingredients into dry – just until fully combined (do not overmix).
- Use a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip (or Ziploc bag with corner cut off) to pipe the batter into a 6-donut pan. Fill the cavities about 2/3 full. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until donuts are set and golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan, about 5 minutes. Dip donuts into strawberry frosting 1-3 times, depending on desired thickness.
- For frosting: Slice strawberries and puree with 1 tablespoon strawberry jam. Slowly stir in 1 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar, adding more until you reach desired thickness and consistency. Donuts are best served immediately. Store leftovers in airtight containers for up to 2 days.
With their fun color, I think these would be great for a fun Valentine’s Day breakfast treat!
For even more delicious strawberry recipes, be sure to check out this post: 30+ Delicious Strawberry Recipes