SpongeBob fans will love this cute and easy Plankton Paper Roll Craft! Thanks to Nickelodeon for sponsoring this post! Cute for a villain, right?! Mr. Krabs’s arch-nemesis Plankton has returned, cleverly disguised as a paper roll craft in celebration of THE SPONGEBOB MUSICAL: LIVE ON STAGE! now available on DVD! Paper rolls should be easy to find at home and then you need just a few other supplies to make your very own Plankton!
How to Make the SpongeBob Plankton Craft
- Paper roll
- Green, yellow, red, and white construction paper
- 1 Green chenille stem
- 1 black chenille stem
- Adhesives (tape, glue stick, and/or hot glue)
- Black Marker
- Cut a strip of green construction paper so that it will wrap around and completely cover the paper roll. Use double stick tape or a glue stick to adhere the green wrap to the paper roll.
- Cut a yellow oval (about 1.5” long) for the eye. Use adhesive to attach.
- Cut a smaller red oval for the eye and adhere it inside the yellow.
- Draw a smile/mouth shape with black marker (about 1.5” wide) on white paper. Draw lines for teeth inside the mouth. Cut out and attach under the yellow eye.
- Cut a 1.5” piece of chenille stem for the eyebrow. Form the eyebrow shape you want and attach just at the top of the yellow oval (ideally using hot glue).
- Cut the green chenille stem into 4 pieces – 2 pieces about 4” long and 2 2” pieces.
- Use the longer pieces to form the antennae. Use tape or hot glue to attach the antennae to the inside of the paper roll.
- Slice one small slit in each side of the paper roll, approximately 1/2 -2/3 of the way down the paper roll. Slide one of the smaller green pieces into each slit to form the arms.
- Have fun with your villainous creation!
So cute & easy! Perfect for crafting for enjoying the Spongebob Musical! If you want something extra fun to go along with it…check out the DIY Jellyfish Umbrella craft! SO fun!
About The SpongeBob Musical: Live On Stage!
SpongeBob SquarePants and all of Bikini Bottom bring a party full of heart and humor in The SpongeBob Musical: Live on Stage!, arriving on DVD November 3, 2020 from Paramount Home Entertainment and Nickelodeon Home Entertainment.
SpongeBob and all of Bikini Bottom face catastrophe – until a most unexpected hero rises to take center stage to prove that the power of optimism really can save the world. This one-of-a-kind musical event boasts the full, extended-length broadcast of the hit Broadway musical, plus an exclusive sing-along version only available on this DVD! Also featuring a special guest appearance by voice actor Tom Kenny as ‘Patchy the Pirate,’ this is one under-the-sea spectacular that you don’t want to miss.
The SpongeBob Musical: Live On Stage! cast includes Ethan Slater as SpongeBob SquarePants, Gavin Lee as Squidward Q. Tentacles, Danny Skinner as Patrick Star, Brian Ray Norris as Eugene Krabs, Wesley Taylor as Sheldon Plankton, Christina Sajous as Sandy Cheeks and Tom Kenny as ‘Patchy the Pirate.’ The ensemble includes Kyle Hamilton, Katie Lee Hill, Curtis Holbrook, Jesse JP Johnson, L’ogan J’ones, Jai’len Josey, Kelvin Moon Loh, Lauralyn McClelland, Vasthy Mompoint, Bryonha Marie Parham, Oneika Phillips, Jon Rua, JC Schuster, Abby C. Smith, Robert Taylor Jr., and Allan Washington.
The SpongeBob Musical: Live On Stage! is a musical production conceived and directed for the stage by Tina Landau, book by Kyle Jarrow, orchestrations, arrangements & music supervision by Tom Kitt, with choreography by Christopher Gattelli, produced for television by Austin Shaw, and directed by Glenn Weiss. Nickelodeon’s Vice Presidents Paul J Medford and Susan Vargo serve as executive producers, alongside Senior Vice President of Music & Talent Doug Cohn and is executive produced and overseen by Executive Vice President of Unscripted and Live Events Rob Bagshaw.
The production features original songs by Yolanda Adams, Steven Tyler and Joe Perry of Aerosmith, Sara Bareilles, Jonathan Coulton, Alex Ebert of Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, The Flaming Lips, Lady Antebellum, Cyndi Lauper, Rob Hyman, John Legend, Panic! At The Disco, Plain White T’s, They Might Be Giants, and T.I. (Clifford Harris, Jr.), Domani Harris, and Darwin Quinn, and additional songs by David Bowie, and by Tom Kenny and Andy Paley. The production also features additional lyrics by Jonathan Coulton and additional music by Tom Kitt, along with “The SpongeBob Theme Song” by Derek Drymon, Mark Harrison, Stephen Hillenburg, and Blaise Smith.
Happy crafting and musical-watching!