This watermelon jicama salad is a tasty & refreshing side dish – perfect for any dinner or fiesta you’re having!
If you want a lighter option for your Cinco de Mayo festivities – or just a great side dish to have anytime (especially during the warmer summer months), this watermelon jicama salad is perfect!! First up, if you haven’t had watermelon with lime, you’re missing out. This recipe starts with that basic idea, but then combines some other south-of-the-border favorites like jicama, cilantro, and mango to make one delicious salad! YUM! If you like these flavors, you’ll love this salad! We just had it with grilled chicken and guacamole for a super fresh & tasty meal! Here’s the easy recipe:
- Half a watermelon, cubed in large bite-sized chunks(approx 8 cups)
- 1-2 cups diced jicama
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 small bunch cilantro leaves, chopped (approx ¾ cup)
- Juice of 2-3 limes
- 1 tsp salt (I used coarse sea salt)
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large serving bowl. Stir to mix well.
- Cover & refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
Yum! Love this dish! Now, how about some other tasty recipes perfect for Cinco de Mayo or just a delicious Mexican fiesta night anytime!! Whether you’re looking for a new spicy dinner idea or a fun churro dessert, you’ll find some super tasty Mexican food favorite recipes from my fellow #CreativeFoodies! Be sure to pin this for later and then hop around to check out all the tasty eats!
10 Cinco de Mayo Recipes
- Watermelon Jicama Salad by Mom Endeavors
- Cheesy Bubble Up Enchiladas by See Vanessa Craft
- Black Bean Salsa Salad by A Night Owl Blog
- Easy Mexican Layer Salad by Spaceships & Laserbeams
- Mexican Rice Casserole by Mommy Hates Cooking
- Black Bean Dip by Two Twenty One
- Churro Cupcakes by Happiness is Homemade
- Taco Salad Bites by Play Party Plan
- Margarita Mix Chicken Quinoa Tacos by Strawberry Mommycakes
- Homemade Churro Bites by The Idea Room
Which of these tasty Mexican food dishes would you like to try first?
Be sure to follow the #CreativeFoodies tag for great themed recipes each month! Last month, we shared edible flower ideas – perfect for Mother’s Day!